You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-30 05:29:32

pudgewacl

[solved] Mythtv: working, but having problems with the setup screens.

I am running mythtv frontend and backend on my desktop.  Everything is working fine except for a problem that I have when I am in the setup screen (in both mythtv-setup and mythfrontend).

The problem that I am having is when going through all of the setup screens, the field that my cursor is in is not highlighted.  Because of this, I have no idea which field I am in until hit some buttons and see what values change.  This is the case even for the back, cancel, and next buttons at the bottom of the setup page.  Although I can still get it to work, this is very annoying and would like to get it fixed.

When I first setup Mythtv, I used mythbuntu.  I did not have this problem with mythbuntu, so I do not believe it is a problem with mythtv.

I am running Arch i686 with two KWorld 115 tuners.  I installed myth via pacman (I believe from the extra repo).  Do not know if this matters or not, but I did have to downgrade lm_sensors to version 2.10.5-2.  Other than lm_sensors, every  package is up to date.

I was wondering if anyone else has this same annoyance/problem?  Also, does anyone know of a fix this so I can tell which field I am in without guessing?

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by pudgewacl (2007-12-30 08:10:42)

#2 2007-12-30 06:05:00

xxxspuddy

Re: [solved] Mythtv: working, but having problems with the setup screens.

Try picking a different Qt style and/or theme in the appearance settings.  You might also want to unhide the mouse cursor to make navigation a bit easier until you find the solution.

A temporary file is just a pipe with an attitude and a will to live.

#3 2007-12-30 08:10:17

pudgewacl

Re: [solved] Mythtv: working, but having problems with the setup screens.

I have already tried all of the themes in the myththemes package.  That would change the theme, but I would not solve the problem.

I, for some idiotic reason, never tried to change the Qt style.  I changed to a different style.....and guess what.  Problem solved!!!!!!!!!!

Thank you very much xxxspuddy.

Thanks,
Matt

Last edited by pudgewacl (2007-12-30 08:11:53)

Board footer