You are not logged in.

#1 2007-12-29 23:56:17

strummer

Weird looking browsers

Mine is just boring Firefox, so there's no point to post a screenshot. I've tried to use vertical tab bar some, but it feels feird wink It looks better on Opera, though.

I used (e)links+zgv some years ago, are there still people using those as a primary browser? I heard there's some hacks so they work better with some pages (forums etc).

P4 530J, Arch Linux

#2 2007-12-30 04:04:41

Gilneas

Re: Weird looking browsers

Elinks is nice isn't it. But I like firefox a whole lot better (using the latest swiftfox now (beta 3 pre) the features just keep coming in).

Maybe I have my term set up wrong, but it's just very strenuous to read.
I guess web pages are a lot more intensive than the usual things that show up in my term (rtorrent, ls, config files and even man pages are pretty easy on the eye).

I can give you one weird look: I put all my bookmarks in the 'bookmark bar' between the tab-bar and address-bar (they're all folders). The only thing in the bookmarks pull down menu is keywords big_smile

#3 2008-01-01 21:59:52

Gilneas

How exactly do you use elinks and xzgv together? Can it work with feh as well?

#4 2008-01-02 01:43:56

Gullible Jones

I'm using Epiphany, until a) I switch to KDEMod and use Konqueror, or b) Webkit browsers get stable and stop sucking.

And yes, I've tried Kazehakase. To be perfectly frank, it's one of the four things that keeps me from switching to XFCE. It's fast, sure, but the default keybindings are very stupid and the GUI is such a complete and utter mess that it can cause pinkeye if you stare at it. The browser's got an incredible case of the uglies, and in spite of its goal of configurability, is less configurable than Firefox.

(Which, as it happens, also sucks. 0.8 was light and fast. Now it's huge and bloated and slow, and the developers are still intent on piling on feature after feature after feature after feature after feature... Just like they said wouldn't happen.)

#5 2008-01-02 02:02:28

strummer

Gilneas wrote:

How exactly do you use elinks and xzgv together? Can it work with feh as well?

It's easy, just use 'v' to view images.. You can use any program you like.

I just tested that, as a default Elinks and Links show images as links, so you can choose one the image with arrow keys, if you use Lynx you have to change some lynx.cfg settings..

Last edited by strummer (2008-01-02 02:03:52)

P4 530J, Arch Linux

#6 2008-01-02 04:44:35

Gilneas

I added to my elinks.conf

set mime.type.image.jpeg = "image_viewer"
set mime.type.image.jpg = "image_viewer"
set mime.type.image.png = "image_viewer"

set mime.handler.image_viewer.unix-xwin.ask = 0
set mime.handler.image_viewer.unix-xwin.block = 0
set mime.handler.image_viewer.unix-xwin.program = "feh -F %"

This auto-opens images when you open them with Enter/Right-arrow
But just 'v' does nothing. I can't find it in the documentation very well. (the above came from doc/mime.txt in the source)

Board footer