You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-15 22:55:59

punkrockguy318
Website

XFCE Icons

On my xfce-panel, my icons are not resizing correctly.  The edges of the icons are getting cut off.  It didn't always do this, it seems recent.  Any ideas?

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#2 2004-06-15 23:01:10

xerxes2
Website

Re: XFCE Icons

search.png

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

#3 2004-06-15 23:29:04

punkrockguy318
Website

:oops: my bad... guess this means I won't be allowed to yell at people for not searching for a couple days...

If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing.   1 Corinthians 13:2

#4 2004-06-15 23:49:42

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

xerxes2 wrote:

search.png

I hereby declare xerxes2 to be the official "search" reminder person.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#5 2004-06-16 00:14:59

dp
Website

Xentac wrote:
xerxes2 wrote:

search.png

... with my search-logo-banner wink

to have this banner, simply add this

][url=http://bbs.archlinux.org/search.php][img]http://daperi.home.solnet.ch/search.png[/img][/url]

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#6 2004-06-16 00:26:19

punkrockguy318
Website

Xerxes, you totally rock. ::bows with utmost respect of search reminding skills::

#7 2004-06-16 00:42:36

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

for the time it takes to have 3 people respond with the big search graphic, and make someone that was just looking for help feel like an idiot, maybe people could post the link to the other forum posts about the issue.

I mean, if you know it was previously discussed, then you must have read it, so you likely know where it was...
like..try using search in the workstation section and using the terms 'xfce' and 'icons', and selecting the "search for all terms" radio button..

Just a thought so that people don't get turned away by people with a giant obnoxious search graphic...

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#8 2004-06-16 01:07:57

dp
Website

cactus wrote:

for the time it takes to have 3 people respond with the big search graphic, and make someone that was just looking for help feel like an idiot, maybe people could post the link to the other forum posts about the issue.

I mean, if you know it was previously discussed, then you must have read it, so you likely know where it was...
like..try using search in the workstation section and using the terms 'xfce' and 'icons', and selecting the "search for all terms" radio button..

Just a thought so that people don't get turned away by people with a giant obnoxious search graphic...

search for "XFCE Icons"

->
http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=4979

i hope that nobody feels like an idiot --- hey, if you are running arch, you cannot be an idiot per se! --- and the big banner is big because it
1) is better seen than the phpBB-search-button
2) is some fun watching the contrasts :-)
3) works nice - just click it to go to the search-engine ;-)

The impossible missions are the only ones which succeed.

#9 2004-06-16 01:34:06

punkrockguy318
Website

cactus wrote:

Yeah, I'm not new around here.  Everybody already knows I'm an idiot  big_smile   But yeah, you have a point for people new to the forum.  Don't want to scare people away!

#10 2004-06-16 01:57:27

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

punkrockguy318 wrote:

Don't want to scare people away!

I don't care about scaring people away.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#11 2004-06-16 02:58:12

punkrockguy318
Website

Xentac wrote:
punkrockguy318 wrote:

Don't want to scare people away!

I don't care about scaring people away.

Yeah, we've noticed  lol

#12 2004-06-16 11:04:28

xerxes2
Website

punkrockguy318 wrote:

my bad... guess this means I won't be allowed to yell at people for not searching for a couple days...

You are forgiven. wink and no, you "must" tell other people to search "before" they start a new thread. smile  smile

Xentac wrote:

Thanks xentac, it's a big responsibility but I will do my best. It was Dusty and dp that made me this good in "search reminding".

cactus wrote:

That's the beuty of "search reminding" on the highest level. There should not be something else other than the search pic. Text and links will just confuse people. wink

arch + gentoo + initng + python = enlisy

#13 2004-06-16 17:41:26

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

xerxes2 wrote:

That's the beuty of "search reminding" on the highest level. There should not be something else other than the search pic. Text and links will just confuse people. wink

hahaha...touche'  wink

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer