You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-15 21:31:06

skoal
Website

Firefox `unix.js' settings

Anyone get the `/opt/mozilla-firefox/lib/mozilla-1.6/defaults/pref/unix.js' file to actually do something when you make changes to it?

Namely, I was playing with the Font/Truetype/Hinting/Anti-aliasing settings, starting at line 245.  Changes don't do jack.  I know similiar changes in Mozilla worked when i edited that `unix.js' file.

thx.

#2 2004-06-16 00:52:22

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

Re: Firefox `unix.js' settings

I think the issue is that preferences are set in the user's .mozila (.pheonix ...whatever) folders. These changes are not updated when the /opt version is. You would have to remove the local user dir copies to effect changes then..
or type 'about:config' in your address bar and manually change the settings for the local copy..

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

#3 2004-06-16 02:08:06

skoal
Website

cactus wrote:

I think the issue is that preferences are set in the user's .mozila (.pheonix ...whatever) folders...

Holy smokes, I never even knew about the "about:config" URL.  Much obliged.

#4 2004-06-16 06:42:42

cactus
Taco Eater
Website

smile

"Be conservative in what you send; be liberal in what you accept." -- Postel's Law
"tacos" -- Cactus' Law
"t̥͍͎̪̪͗a̴̻̩͈͚ͨc̠o̩̙͈ͫͅs͙͎̙͊ ͔͇̫̜t͎̳̀a̜̞̗ͩc̗͍͚o̲̯̿s̖̣̤̙͌ ̖̜̈ț̰̫͓ạ̪͖̳c̲͎͕̰̯̃̈o͉ͅs̪ͪ ̜̻̖̜͕" -- -̖͚̫̙̓-̺̠͇ͤ̃ ̜̪̜ͯZ͔̗̭̞ͪA̝͈̙͖̩L͉̠̺͓G̙̞̦͖O̳̗͍

Board footer