You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-08 06:58:09

zyrax

Multiple IMAP-accounts in Mutt.

I have been struggling with Mutt for a while now. It works as it should when only working with one IMAP-account, but if I add more, only the last one is active. I have searched the manual about it but it is quite cryptic for me.

I can use offlineimap and manually change the directory within Mutt, but if I connect to the imap-servers directly I can't see any way of changing account...

Any ideas?

/F

#2 2008-01-08 09:52:14

mucknert

Re: Multiple IMAP-accounts in Mutt.

You should just stay with offlineimap. in my opinion. It does a way better job at accessing and syncing to IMAP-Accounts. You still have to configure mutt to check all the local mailboxes. I believe that hooks are the way to go.

Todays mistakes are tomorrows catastrophes.

#3 2008-01-08 14:24:54

shining
Pacman Developer

Does anyone use offlineimap with gmail?
How do you deal with mails with multiple tags?
Afaik, all mails appear at least twice : once in one folder, and once in All Mail folder.

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

#4 2008-01-13 23:23:42

patroclo7

With offlineimap you can filter the folders. So you can for example exclude All Mail

Mortuus in anima, curam gero cutis

#5 2008-01-14 06:38:13

dolby

patroclo7 wrote:

With offlineimap you can filter the folders. So you can for example exclude All Mail

can you give an example of how to do that? lets say for the All Mail folder.

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#6 2008-01-14 16:01:36

patroclo7

folderfilter = lambda foldername: not re.search ('(All)', foldername)

... in .offlineimaprc
But there are many other lambda actions possible.
Look here for a wide config sample:

http://software.complete.org/offlineima … eimap.conf

#7 2008-01-14 16:07:18

patroclo7

Anyway, you can do the same also with isync/mbsync, where you can either list explicitly the folders you want to sync, or catch the wanted folders with patterns.

Nowadays I actually use mbsync, because it is more protected from deletion (I do never want to delete mails from gmail!), it allows you to force pull or push syncs and gives meaningful error messages (being written in C instead of python). I uploaded to the AUR a version of isync with some important patches from fedora.

#8 2008-01-14 17:43:40

dolby

oh, right thanks. i never really got to read those lamda actions , i still have the conf bookmarked to mess with it at some later point. at first it seemed to make no sense but somehow reading only the line you posted, it makes perfect sense.
thanks for the other suggestions too i will look into them smile

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

Board footer