You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-19 16:46:32

firewalker

Slmodem, slusb problem.

I was using slmodem without problems for quite some time now. Few days ago a new version 2.9.11.37. I am using kernel 2.6.21-viper so I am compiling my own packets... After compiling and installing the new packet I couldn't use my modem. I am able to load lsusb module without problem but /etc/rc.d/slmodem doesn't creates the correct devices... starting slmodem daemon it says

:: Starting SL-Modem Drivers
error: mdm setup: cannot open dev `/dev/slusb0': No such device or address
error: cannot setup device `/dev/slusb0'

and fails. Under /dev/ I can see a device called slusb0. If I manually give the command slmodemd --country=GREECE /dev/slusb0 I have exactly the same error.

error: mdm setup: cannot open dev `/dev/slusb0': No such device or address
error: cannot setup device `/dev/slusb0'

With lsmod I can see that slusb is loaded

slusb                  15716  0
usbcore              115976  9 slusb,hci_usb,ehci_hcd,ohci_hcd,uhci_hcd,gspca,ftdi_sio,usbserial

dmesg says

usb 2-2: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
Device driver usbdev2.8_ep81 lacks bus and class support for being resumed.
Symbol usb_register_driver is being used by a non-GPL module, which will not be allowed in the future
Please see the file Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt in the kernel source tree for more details.
Symbol usb_deregister is being used by a non-GPL module, which will not be allowed in the future
Please see the file Documentation/feature-removal-schedule.txt in the kernel source tree for more details.
ST7554 USB Modem.
Device driver usbdev2.8_ep81 lacks bus and class support for being resumed.
Device driver usbdev2.8_ep02 lacks bus and class support for being resumed.
Device driver usbdev2.8_ep83 lacks bus and class support for being resumed.
<6>slusb: slusb0 is found.
usbcore: registered new interface driver ST7554 USB Modem

Under /dev/bus/usb/002/ I can see a device name 0xx where xx is an number starting from 02 and goes bigger by 1 every time I reload slusb module or reconnecting the modem. If I give the command  slmodemd --country=GREECE /dev/bus/usb/002/0xx it says

SmartLink Soft Modem: version 2.9.11 Jan 19 2008 17:00:09
error: cannot find group 'uucp': Success
symbolic link `/dev/ttySL140' -> `/dev/pts/2' created.
modem `013' created. TTY is `/dev/pts/2'
Use `/dev/ttySL140' as modem device, Ctrl+C for termination.

The modem seems to work fine under /dev/dev/ttySL1xx. The biggest problem is that the devices created doesn't have a constant name...

Any suggestions? Reinstalling the previous version installed had exactly the same effect. I also tried the new version 20070813, but the same thing. I also booted with the stock kernel, and installed the stock packets but again...

Γίνε ρεαλιστής, μείνε ονειροπόλος ...

Board footer