You are not logged in.

#1 2003-04-15 14:58:54

xor

Installing oracle9 client trouble

Hi all!
Oracle or the runmeinstaller which is java  driving me nuts.
There is some libc dependencies that is required, installed redhat compat files, blackdown jre/jsdk files but still got problem with glibcstd++- files when I running the oracle installer.

------------------------- error ------------------------
Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /tmp/OraInstall2003-04-15_04-32-57PM/jre/bin/java. Please wait...
Error occurred during initialization of VM
Unable to load native library: /tmp/OraInstall2003-04-15_04-32-57PM/jre/lib/i386/libjava.so: symbol __libc_wait, version GLIBC_2.0 not defined in file libc.so.6 with link time reference

---------------- end error -----------------------------

Thaught it was same problem as with phoenix (maybe is) but how shall i do to install it
Need it badly for my work pc running AL :-)

Regards
xor

#2 2003-04-15 15:13:56

sarah31
Website

Re: Installing oracle9 client trouble

well i am not really sure about this but i would guess that the oracle installer may have issues with our glibc. one possibity you could try, if you have not tried it already, is using the gcc3.x compiled java available from blackdown. there is a thread on this forum board that has a link to this version of java. if it does not work then i would assume that it will be quite difficult to trick the oracle installer to use the newer libstdc that arch has.

sorry if i have made a redundant suggestion.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2003-04-16 07:25:19

xor

Re: Installing oracle9 client trouble

Hi,
yes i have tested both 2.x and 3.x versions of java  from blackdown with same result.

Need to know if the libc compat files from redhat needs to have some symlinks pointing somewhere to work properly, anyone running redhat 7..x around here? (hehe stupid question)

Does it exsist any pkg package with older gcc versions ?

/xor

Board footer