You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-22 17:57:53

T-u-N-i-X
Website

Courier Font Doesn't Render Properly

courieryy2.png

I have the above problem for about 1,5 months.. I changed the Courier fonts in my ~/.fonts/ folder with the ones in Vista but it didn't solve the problem.. No other fonts are being rendered like this.. The problem is only occurs with Courier font..

Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet?

#2 2008-01-22 18:11:25

3ner

Re: Courier Font Doesn't Render Properly

you are not alone with this problem. It is really annoying, because you see Courier a lot on the web for quotes and code-fields. I haven't noticed this with another font either, but I am not sure if there are others.

I have installed "pacman -S ttf-ms-fonts" and restarted X, so i guess Courier "should" work.

Edit: okay, 'Courier' isn't installed, but 'Courier New' should work. In fact it does in OpenOffice, but doesn't in webpages, which use a StyleSheet like "FONT-FAMILY: Courier, 'Courier New', monospace;". An example is here in the code sections.

Last edited by 3ner (2008-01-22 18:30:16)

#3 2008-01-22 18:28:27

T-u-N-i-X
Website

Re: Courier Font Doesn't Render Properly

3ner wrote:

you are not alone with this problem. It is really annoying, because you see Courier a lot on the web for quotes and code-fields. I haven't noticed this with another font either, but I am not sure if there are others.

I have installed "pacman -S ttf-ms-fonts" and restarted X, so i guess Courier "should" work.

I already have that installed, but nope, it's not working.. sad

Quis custodiet ipsos custodiet?

Board footer