You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-20 22:59:49

yarjar

KDE panel and XMMS

Whenever I have XMMS open, and I'm playing a song, the XMMS window in the panel flashes.  When I'm not playing a song, it doesn't.  Also, occasionally whenever I try to play a song XMMS crashes.  Any idea why?

#2 2004-06-22 14:37:57

mcubednyc

Re: KDE panel and XMMS

Any helpful error messages when xmms crashes?

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - S. Jackson

#3 2004-06-24 06:47:04

yarjar

No error messages at all - it just freezes for a few minutes and then goes away.

#4 2004-06-24 07:04:26

mcubednyc

There's nothing in the terminal when xmms crashes?  If you open xmms from a term there ought to be some output there as to the error that causes the crash.  You will have to leave the term open until xmms crashes (you can just keep it minimized if it gets in your way) and then you should be able to see what's happening.

I always start xmms from a term because I like to monitor the output from a particular plug-in I use.  Normally, you wouldn't need to, but if you're having problems it should be a good way of diagnosing those problems.

"No live organism can continue for long to exist sanely under conditions of absolute reality; even larks and katydids are supposed, by some, to dream." - S. Jackson

Board footer