You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-24 16:18:18

big_gie

Printing problems

Hi all,

I have a server and 2 workstation, all running Arch. The server is connected to a printer and "shares" it via cups' ipp (no samba). All 3 computers are able to print quite correctly, mainly double sided (duplex) by default. The 2 workstations use KDEmod.

But I have two small problem.

First, I cannot choose to print a number of copies, whatever I choose as the printing number. I need to print two times for two copies.

Second, I have trouble printing in "pamphlet", meaning double sided with 4 pages per sheet (double sided) so I can then just fold in two the paper stack, staple it in the middle, and have a nice booklet. The steps for this (with a duplex printer) is, inside kprinter:
-Go into the printer's Properties
-In the Filters tab: Add a filter named "Pamphlet Printing (use with small side duplex printing)"
-In the "General" tab: Choose "Short side" "Duplex Printing"
-Print

If I do what I described, the duplex part is ignored. The printing is done on a single side, only the pamphlet filter is respected.

What I need to do to bypass is to print with the pamphlet filter into a pdf, then open that pdf and print it in duplex short sided.

Any idea on what could be happening for both problems? Thanx!

Board footer