You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-24 21:25:09

cromero

system upgrade problem involving libstdc++

I just did a pacman -Syu and a lot of things stoped wirking after that. The reason is that a los of programs couldn't find shared object libstdc++.so.6: No such file or directory. I even changed the mirror and tried to update again but no packages were upgraded... so it was nto a mirror issue.

I'm on the same machine right now and some things are working after a symbolic link from that shared object that i found in acroread. Actually libgcc_s.so.1 was also missing and quite a few programs required it too. I know things shouldn't be like this, but at least it was a partial solution:

$ file /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: symbolic link to `/usr/share/acrobat/Reader/intellinux/lib/libstdc++.so.6'
$ file /usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1: symbolic link to `/usr/share/acrobat/Reader/intellinux/lib/libgcc_s.so.1'

Even with this, not everything works:

$ kmix
kmix: /usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6: version `GLIBCXX_3.4.9' not found (required by /opt/kde/lib/libkdeinit_kmix.so)

I'm susprised to get such an error. I had never seen this kind of behavior in Arch. I posted this topic because I couldn't find any related issue around the forum

#2 2008-01-24 22:22:36

berbae

Re: system upgrade problem involving libstdc++

/usr/lib/libstdc++.so.6
/usr/lib/libgcc_s.so.1
These libraries are parts of the gcc-libs 4.2.2-3 package.
It seems it is not installed on your machine.

#3 2008-01-24 23:47:47

cromero

Thanks. I just installed the package and problem should be solved now. I can't make many tests since i'm not currently on that machine but at least I know that the appropiate files are in place. I wonder why that package didn't get installed/upgraded in the first place...

#4 2008-01-25 00:48:02

jacko

cromero wrote:

Thanks. I just installed the package and problem should be solved now. I can't make many tests since i'm not currently on that machine but at least I know that the appropiate files are in place. I wonder why that package didn't get installed/upgraded in the first place...

parse your pacman.log and u will probably see exactly where things went haywire.

Board footer