You are not logged in.

#1 2004-03-02 01:53:53

FireHOL firewall.

Something I noticed that should be in the repository is the FireHOL firewall language,  you can find it at firehol.sourceforge.net . Instead of mucking around with iptables chains to get a decent working firewall you can use simple commands in a configuration file and type

firehol start

to start your simplified rule set.  A good example is the client configuration, which by one line of command

client accept all

sets up a fully stateful stealthed firewall, instead of the lines and lines of iptables rules.

The problem I ran into using it with arch is that the IPRoute package doesn't support the ftp/irc protocol tracking that iptables does, so that would need to be fixed (think there's a patch) before it could be added.

-Dash

#2 2004-06-22 02:02:14

fideli

Re: FireHOL firewall.

i agree that firehol is an excellent firewall configuration tool.

tuxn00b wrote:

The problem I ran into using it with arch is that the IPRoute package doesn't support the ftp/irc protocol tracking that iptables does, so that would need to be fixed (think there's a patch) before it could be added.

-Dash

is there somewhere that i can download a patched iproute package in order to use my firehol script?

-\ fideli /-

Board footer