You are not logged in.

#1 2004-06-18 17:55:56

Haakon

[devel: mono] Nemerle

pkgname=nemerle
pkgver=0.1.3
pkgrel=1
pkgdesc="A hybrid (functional, object-oriented and imperative) programming language for the .NET platform"
url="http://www.nemerle.org"
depends=('mono')
source=(http://www.nemerle.org/download/$pkgname-$pkgver.tar.gz)
md5sums=('2b473cd2eb76393cefee7e6fd5f53554')

build() {
  cd $startdir/src/$pkgname-$pkgver
  ./configure --prefix=$startdir/pkg/opt/mono
  make install || return 1
  echo -e "#!/bin/shnmono /opt/mono/bin/ncc.exe "$@"" > $startdir/pkg/opt/mono/bin/ncc
}

Jabber: haakon@jabber.org

#2 2004-06-19 09:00:04

zeppelin
Website

Re: [devel: mono] Nemerle

excellent work. next time plz also upgrade your pkg in incoming if you want to tongue

anyways, do you happen to know if anyone is working on scriting-C#  ?

I mean Miguel after working a bit with nemerle, wished he could have C#-syntax-like scripting language that would also include pythonisms, rubyisms, perlisms and also the easiness and clearness of C#.
do you happen to know if something is being worked on? [this would so excellent, C# without .NET, so no patents included]
thanks

#3 2004-06-20 20:20:31

Haakon

zeppelin wrote:

excellent work. next time plz also upgrade your pkg in incoming if you want to tongue

Thanks! I didn't think there'd be a lot of interest, but it's nice there's at least one wink I didn't want to upload it since I think the whole package contribution system is being reworked, and most core developers don't seem to think incoming is working well.

anyways, do you happen to know if anyone is working on scriting-C#  ?

I mean Miguel after working a bit with nemerle, wished he could have C#-syntax-like scripting language that would also include pythonisms, rubyisms, perlisms and also the easiness and clearness of C#.
do you happen to know if something is being worked on? [this would so excellent, C# without .NET, so no patents included]
thanks

I read about Miguel's want for a C#-like scripting language, but I don't know if anything is being worked on. C# in itself is written specifically to take advantage of all the features of the .NET virtual machine, in addition to it being heavily dependent on the .NET class library, so many things wouldn't make sense or be practical without a .NET runtime. And IMHO python is excellent for quick scripts (and there's IronPython for .NET/mono).

Jabber: haakon@jabber.org

#4 2004-06-20 23:39:27

SavageMessiah

It's not difficult to write an "interpreter" to use C# as an interpreted language but I haven't heard of a language like you're thinking of. It sure would be nice though.

/wanders off to check out IronPython

#5 2004-06-22 08:31:45

zeppelin
Website

oh no! IronPython is exactly the opposite of what I am saying. [and you still have some patents issues for .net/mono/dotgnu if you choose to run python on it!]
anyways, I was think of making C# a script lang that wouldn't need .NET runtime tongue

anyways, IronPython is ok too, because Longhorn will use a lot of .NET, so IronPython is a very nice option [no extra python runtime download needed]
but that's all [ok it's a bit faster sometimes]. But I have seen it everywhere.

Board footer