You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-31 21:13:25

ssl6

whats the issue with samba

i figured i'd post here, because i'm not having a problem with it anymore. but since i've been running arch on my main desktop, my samba shares for the rest of the windows pc's on my lan, and the 2 xbox's running xbmc have had on and off issues accessing the shares, not so much the windows pc's to be honest, but the xbox's some days it'll connect to my movie share, others it wouldn't, other times it would prompt for username and password because it didn't like the one it has configured to use, so all i had to do was use a bad name and password, wait for the error, go back, try it again and it would work with the saved password. my laptop too, which also runs arch had issues accessing shares on my desktop. it essentially did the same thing, except i was stuck entering the username/password several times even though i had one saved in the kde control center (maybe it doesnt actually do anything) . but i use the same name and pw for everything on my lan. i just dont get it, i needed to rant about that

but my other issue, over the last few days, i couldn't even see my desktop on the lan at all. maybe samba got updated or something. but what i did to fix it, was change the workgroup to something with no spaces. had to go around to every maching and do it, but so far, haven't had an issue yet, my xbox's seem to work perfectly so far accessing the shares

this is a signature

Board footer