You are not logged in.

#1 2008-01-31 21:47:31

andre.ramaciotti

Kopete - webcam will connect with only some contacts

My PC is behind a NAT router, but I've already opened the port that MSN uses to connect the webcam, so I can see others webcams and some of my contacts also can see mine. The problem is that not all of my contacts can see my webcam.

I thought it could be a problem with the other person's router, but I was talking to a friend with whom I can't connect my webcam and she can see others webcam. It seems not to be a problem with different versions, because some contacts have MSN Messenger 8 and it works, with others who also have MSN Messenger 8, it won't work.

I'm completelly lost. hmm

(lambda ())

#2 2008-02-03 21:36:17

andre.ramaciotti

Re: Kopete - webcam will connect with only some contacts

I tested it with aMSN and it worked fine with people that it wouldn't connect in kopete, but aMSN is painfully slow and crashes a lot. hmm

At least I found the reason, now I ought to find a solution that doesn't start with a and ends with MSN.

(lambda ())

#3 2008-02-04 08:08:08

maschino
Website

Hello andre,

but I've already opened the port that MSN uses to connect the webcam,

could you please tell me the port? I have also the problem that my router is blocking this port, but I don't know which one it is.

It seems that there are often some problems with MSN and p2p connections like webcam, file transfer etc. I have the same problem: with some contacts it works perfectly, with others it doesn't.

maschino

#4 2008-02-04 13:02:08

andre.ramaciotti

Acording to the kopete wiki, it's the 6891, and, if you wish to send yours while you watch someone's else cam, you should open 6892 too.

(lambda ())

Board footer