You are not logged in.

#1 2007-09-20 03:14:47

jiasheng

Firefox cannot display some flash

When installing the binary firefox package through pacman, I found that some "embedded" flash cannot be displayed correctly.  One example is the Live Space (spaces.live.com).  At the top right corner, you'll see word "advertisement" and right below the word, there should be a flash ad.  My flash plugin was installed through pacman too, so I believe it is the newest one.  Moreover, the firefox-branded from AUR can handle this kind of flash correctly.  But it is really painful to compile firefox every time I want an update since I am not caring about the logo too much.  Any ideas?  Thank you.

#2 2007-09-20 12:20:33

mrunion
Website

Re: Firefox cannot display some flash

I didn't have exactly the same problem, but I did have issues with Firefox crashing on certain Flash sites/swfs.  I am working on a team that's developing some software and one of the Flash guys was using an extremely new, pre-release version to compile his Flash code.  A month or so ago I finally got the latest BETA for the Flash player and everything has been fine since.  See if you can find the file:

flashplayer9_install_linux_082207.tar.gz

floating around the internet and try that version.

Matt

"It is very difficult to educate the educated."

#3 2007-09-20 14:39:03

jiasheng

Thanks for reply.  Honestly speaking, I think it is more like a firefox problem than a flash plugin problem.  Because only the binary package for arch cannot work properly.  The one compiled from the source code can display those flashes.  Moreover, I used to use ubuntu and the firefox binary package there does not have such problem.  Anyway, I will give it a try as long as I can find the file you mentioned on the net.  Thanks.

#4 2008-02-04 13:42:04

Condex

OMG!

I've changed the user agent from BonEcho/2.0.0.11 to Firefox/2.0.0.11 as seen on the Wiki and now, the Space displays perfectly smile

I'm posting this, just in case anyone has the same issues wink

« Carpe diem quam minimum credula postero. »

#5 2008-02-04 17:01:00

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

There is bound to be some instances of Flash content where the player/plug-in just fails.

Flash can be compiled from source?? It's open-sourced already..?! Or I think you mean ABS smile

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

Board footer