You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-03 11:12:49

sykesm

OPERA 9.5 beta 2 - real media problem

opera doesn't seem to recognising real media any more. When I try to view real media content from the web it just pops up a text window with what looks like the web address to the the file. I do have the test repo activated as well. The Helix DNA plugin shows as installed on the Opera plugins page. I'm trying to view video content from BBC pages and then clicking on external player as the BBC video player doesn't seem to want to work through linux. Seems to be an Opera only problem as all works fine in FireFox. Just wondered if any Opera 9.5 users had noticed anything? I'm guessing it's something to do with file association, just not sure how to fix things.

thanks

By the by, Flash seems to be working, although I have noticed in some cases the flash windows seem a little small.

#2 2008-02-05 06:01:36

McQueen

Re: OPERA 9.5 beta 2 - real media problem

sykesm wrote:

I'm trying to view video content from BBC pages and then clicking on external player as the BBC video player doesn't seem to want to work through linux.

I can also confirm the BBC player will not work in my Opera 9.50 Beta install. However, with Realplayer installed from the AUR and file assoc for real media directed to that executable it will show in the stand alone player without any issues on my desktop.

/path/to/Truth

Board footer