You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-07 07:16:23

cry0x

XFCE4 terminal and colors

I'm not really sure why I'm trying so hard to make the xfce4 terminal operate like urxvt, but whatever.

XFCE4 terminal doesn't seem to pick up my color settings from .Xdefaults (probably because they are for urxvt wink ) but what is interesting is that the colors are different once again while in screen. If I open up vim or whatever while in the bare terminal, I get one set of colors (that aren't too bad, honestly) and when I open it up while in a screen I get another set of colors (which are awful.)

Any ideas on how to make things more consistent?

Last edited by cry0x (2008-02-07 07:17:24)

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

#2 2008-02-07 07:29:53

venox
Website

Re: XFCE4 terminal and colors

You have to setup your color settings on the terminal preferences (Edit > Preferences).

The screen thing might be something with your .screenrc... I'm really not sure on what you have to change, but you can try appending this to it:

term screen

#3 2008-02-07 07:35:38

cry0x

venox wrote:

You have to setup your color settings on the terminal preferences (Edit > Preferences).

The screen thing might be something with your .screenrc... I'm really not sure on what you have to change, but you can try appending this to it:

term screen

sad

Looks like I've got to manually set the colors individually. Should be fun. Thanks.

Who is this doin' this synthetic type of alpha beta psychedelic funkin'?

#4 2008-02-08 00:34:56

Zer0

I'm not sure but I think you should look into the $TERM variable.  I think it will help set colors (not totally sure about this).  Maybe you can set it to urxvt and it might obey your .Xdefaults you set for urxvt.

XFCE's terminal supports setting this variable in the Advanced screen, and I believe you can set it in .screenrc somewhere.

Good Luck.. Like I said.. it's just a very wild guess on my part.

Board footer