You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-09 01:51:37

cyberpatrol

How to disable unsermake?

Hi!

I'm just trying to build a PKGBUILD for keurocalc 0.9.7.
The problem is that keurocalc uses unsermake.

Is it possible to disable unsermake and compile it with automake instead and how can this be done?

On Gentoo it's sufficient to add a line
UNSERMAKE="no"
to the ebuild.

That's what I also found for general compilation by searching the web.

But on Arch Linux I'm still getting these error messages:

WARNING: use unsermake instead of make or use a wrapper script, e.g. makeobj!!!
unsermake all
make: unsermake: Command not found
make: *** [all] Error 127

I know that there's an unsermake package in AUR but I think there's a reason why unsermake isn't included in KDE, Gentoo, Arch Linux (at least not officially) and I think in many other distributions, too.

And because using unsermake can be avoided in other distributions I would say that this must be possible on Arch Linux, too.
If someone knows how to do this I'd be happy to get to know the solution.

#2 2008-02-09 02:08:18

phrakture
Arch Overlord
Website

Re: How to disable unsermake?

You're going to have to learn how to work with ./configure. Or, at least, how to read an ebuild. Setting a variable in an ebuild doesn't tell us what it does. I'm sure you can look through the ebuild, and find out what it actually does. My guess is that it adds a configure flag of the form "--disable-unsermake". You might be able to find this out by running "./configure --help" after you extract the source tarball.

#3 2008-02-09 11:36:04

cyberpatrol

Re: How to disable unsermake?

phrakture wrote:

You're going to have to learn how to work with ./configure. Or, at least, how to read an ebuild. Setting a variable in an ebuild doesn't tell us what it does. I'm sure you can look through the ebuild, and find out what it actually does. My guess is that it adds a configure flag of the form "--disable-unsermake". You might be able to find this out by running "./configure --help" after you extract the source tarball.

Thank you, phrakture, for your hints!

You're guess was not quite right but helped me to find out how it works.
The solution wasn't the ./configure and the variable UNSERMAKE is also not necessary. And in the ebuild there are only two variables set, one of them is UNSERMAKE and the other sets the name of the working directory for emerge, everything else is done automatically.

But I looked at some of portage's eclasses, especially kde.eclass, and found the solution by a little bit of trial and error.

Finally I managed it to compile keurocalc with automake instead of unsermake.

The PKGBUILD can be found in AUR: http://aur.archlinux.org/packages.php?d … 1&ID=15140

Board footer