You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-12 21:57:50

y0sh3

Wireless Broken After Update

Hello Arch linux users,

First post here so I will try my best.

I have recently upgraded my entire system and after a reboot the wireless no longer works.  When the I try to connect to the network I get an error to the effect of "wlan0, warn, IPV4....set as xxx.xxx.x.xxx"

It's as if my rc.conf no longer has any say when trying to connect to the network.

Prior to the update I had wireless working fine thanks to the archwireless wiki.  I'm also using DHCP. 

My biggest concern is that in that in the above error my IP address is returned as something completely different than what it was before I rebooted.  I'm not at home right now so I can't print an exact error message, but I'd be happy to provide any and all relevant info you guys need. 

(some more info)
I don't have a need to use ndiswrapper and I'm using the rt2500mpci drivers that came with the distro cd.  Something broke, and I believe it may have either something to do with a kernel upgrade or madwifi.  Again, I'm somewhat a newbie at this.  Any suggestions welcome

Thanks
yosh3

-y0sh3

#2 2008-02-13 00:19:57

blu3ness

Re: Wireless Broken After Update

version 24 has updated a lot of kernel wifi modules, you might want to check http://linuxwireless.org/en/users/Drivers for more details.

Archlinux on Compaq Presario v5000 laptop smile

#3 2008-02-13 02:23:54

ssacong

I am having the same problem. My wireless worked on campus like 2weeks ago, but when i tried to connect to internet today on campus after kernel upgrade, it just didn't work. I am using asus WL-167g and using rt2500usb driver. My laptop seems to be able to recognize and connect to the station but didn't get a proper ip usgin dhcp imo. If anyone know what causes this problem, and if there is anyway to go back to previous state help me.

#4 2008-02-13 04:12:39

y0sh3

Update::

So it works now!  I reseted the router and now I seem to connect just fine, though I doubt that had anything to do with it.  I have a feeling that this doesn't mean my problem is fixed, but for the moment all is good.  If I get an error again I'll try to repost so you guys can see what happened and the error message.  Thanks for the link btw!

-y0sh3

Board footer