You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-12 21:15:00

pinkcameloy

pptview how to

I didn t know where to post this topic but I guess this is the place where it fits most...

I want to install a programm to manipulate and see .pps and .ppt files but I don t want it to be openoffice or koffice...

I want a little program (like abiword respectively with ms word) that does more or less ms powerpoint jobs...

I searched here and there and I found out that more or less this must be in pptview but unfortunately i cannot find it in the repositories.

Has anyone ever used it or anything and if so, how did he manage to install it?

pinkcameloy

#2 2008-02-12 21:18:12

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: pptview how to

You can either make a PKGBUILD request or try to create a PKGBUILD on your own wink

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#3 2008-02-12 21:22:32

pinkcameloy

finferflu wrote:

You can either make a PKGBUILD request

I don t understand and I don t know the procedure.Can you explain?

#4 2008-02-12 21:28:34

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Of course smile
There is a forum section for PKGBUILD requests, called AUR Package Requests You can just open a thread asking for what you need (if you're still confused see other posts in that section to see how it works).

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#5 2008-02-14 01:49:10

gorn

pptview allows you to view and print PowerPoint slide shows. You cannot edit a presentation in PowerPoint Viewer. pptview is an Intel PE (i386-pc-pe) binary and requires Wine to run.

So it's not truly what you are looking for as it requires WINE (which provides a Windows API to run some Windows programs). But if you want to try it, you can install wine (which is in the repo) and then just download the pptview.exe which you can find on google and run

wine pptview.exe

Another option, but that requires Internet access is: http://media-convert.com/
Which you can upload a PPT to and it will convert to PDF (or a bunch of other formats).

Board footer