You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-13 23:01:20

ruhar

Trouble with Amarok connecting to iPod Classic

I've recently begun testing out Arch (usually run Slacware).  I use amarok to sync my iPod Classic. However, I'm having trouble getting amarok to recognize a mounted iPod while in KDE.  I have hal and dbus installed and made sure that my user is a member of the optical and storage groups.  When I plug in my iPod, KDE correctly recognizes and mounts it and I see it on my desktop.  However, when I load amarok and configure my media devices section for an 'Apple iPod' I cannot connect to it.  I receive an error that no iPod is currently mounted.  However, I can browse the iPod with Konqueror for example.

I have already done the necessary hack to my iPod Classic to get it to work with the current version of libgpod and have everything working perfectly under Slackware.  This is the last hurdle I need to get over before I'm happily cruising in Arch.

Thanks!

#2 2008-02-14 16:50:01

subatomic

Re: Trouble with Amarok connecting to iPod Classic

what kind of hack? is it fat32 or mac hfs+ ?
mine is hfs+ and all I needed to do was turn off journaling to get everything running smoothly.

#3 2008-02-14 17:26:42

ruhar

Re: Trouble with Amarok connecting to iPod Classic

With the new iPod Classic model, Apple changed the hashing around on the new ipod itunesdb.  So I had to edit the /media/IPOD/iPod_Control/Device/SysInfo file and replace the FirewireGuid value with the value received by running lsusb -v | grep -i Serial

Board footer