You are not logged in.

#1 2002-09-16 20:34:51

sarah31
Website

Future Kernel request and one other question.

I would like to request that future kernels have the AGP as a module and not compiled in. Just makes it easier for us Nvidia owners to use our NvAGP option. No big deal though.

Question. I notice a growing number of people preferring grub over lilo these days. Is it possible to incorporate the option during the install procedure? I can work with either but i find grub much easier to use when incorporating whatever i am using on my test drive into the boot options. I know that quite a few other people out there would love to have the option of installing grub at install time.

Anyone else have any opinions on these points? (To stress again I personally have no big deal with the current setup)

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#2 2002-09-16 20:40:17

Arielext
Website

Re: Future Kernel request and one other question.

grub is in the unofficial tree
/me lookes at Apeiro
why?

I dunno, with grub I wouldn't have my current problem though smile

both lilo and grub do what they should be doing, booting up the system.
Guess people who are preferring grub would have to install grub after installation, and I don't see any problems with that.

apt-get install arch

#3 2002-09-16 21:05:49

sarah31
Website

Yes i am aware that it is in unofficial (already broke my first install playing around with it sad ). Like I say I know a few people that would likely try arch but lilo would present a problem for them because they have only used distros that have used grub. Of course there is plenty of documentation for them to do it post install  wink

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#4 2002-09-16 21:15:05

apeiro
Daddy
Website

Arielext wrote:

grub is in the unofficial tree
/me lookes at Apeiro
why?

Because I'm not ready to officially support it yet.  That's the beauty of the 'unofficial' area.  wink

When I get some time (or another developer does) we can move it into official, but until then, AL rides with lilo.

#5 2002-09-21 20:45:46

mordantly
Website

im not climbin on the grub bandwagon.. funny but ive never seen it in action so lilo is my man. it works and i dont question it. now if only my lilo image would boot whit win xp. god damn gill bates!!!

has anyone else done a dual boot and used 'dd' to make the image file?? my image wont properly load when called from nt loader and stalls at as i recall the hda to hdd ids list.

try to be a man and some day, you'll understand   -ccr
oh dont u worry.. ill be eating ur balls fur lunch tomorrow.   -Hugh "HughMan" Stahl
MoRdAnTlY [Mr. Wolf '91 - '11]

Board footer