You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-12 21:54:47

alphahsk

[SOLVED] Here's a Claws-mail tweak I'd like to learn..

I use Claws-mail towards a Gmail imap account. But i don't want it to keep warning me about new mail if the new mail is spam (i.e. messages ending up in the spam folder). How can I make all new spam messages automatically be marked read ??

Last edited by alphahsk (2008-02-16 19:42:54)

#2 2008-02-12 22:22:04

whompus

Re: [SOLVED] Here's a Claws-mail tweak I'd like to learn..

Not sure if your familiar with filtering so apologies if you have already tried this,

Right click on your spam folder select Processing and create the filtering rules you require. e.g. Condition All headers -> Action mark as read.

#3 2008-02-13 13:21:02

alphahsk

Right click on your spam folder select Processing and create the filtering rules you require. e.g. Condition All headers -> Action mark as read.

Thanks. I did play around with processing a little bit. It seems that the processing rule doesn't run until one clicks the folder it's supposed to run on, so that doesn't really help. And as for the pre/post-processing rules, I couldn't find a way to specify the folder they should run on. Maybe I missed something, I'll try again later today (I'm not on arch now).

#4 2008-02-14 20:01:10

alphahsk

Couldn't figure it out though. If there are any Claws users with the same problem, I'd love some advice.

#5 2008-02-15 13:40:49

whompus

I have set my default inbox for each account to trash which marks everything as read by default. Then I setup various rules for processing the wanted mail to my various folders e.g. inbox, logs, newsletters, forums, online offers and receipts, make sure filter messages on receiving is selected. Most of my spam is deleted by server side filtering my ISP provides so the filtering rules are not too bad to set up for me and are easy enough to keep updated when required.

#6 2008-02-16 19:42:21

alphahsk

whompus wrote:

I have set my default inbox for each account to trash which marks everything as read by default...

I set the folder properties for the spam folder to "trash" and that did the trick. All new mail that ends up in the spam folder is automatically marked read. Cheers smile

Board footer