You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-17 07:15:22

kilolima
Website

Getting rid of KDE button drop-downs in Konqueror or Amarok [SOLV

ED]Hi,

I don't know the proper name for this "feature".  In Konqueror, if I click the "up directory" or "back" or "forward" button, instead of immedietly going up, back, or forward, a little drop down menu appears giving me the option to select the most recent directory or several others.

Also, in amarok, when selecting 'stop', a little dropdown menu appears whether I want to stop now or after the end of the track.

So now it takes 2 mouse clicks instead of 1 to accomplish the same tasks.

I also noticed that there is a little arrow icon on the corner of these buttons.

For the love of God, how can I disable this behaviour?!  It's driving me crazy.

cheers,

kilolima

Last edited by kilolima (2008-02-19 21:41:33)

#2 2008-02-17 17:48:06

Zibi1981

Re: Getting rid of KDE button drop-downs in Konqueror or Amarok [SOLV

Well, if you press those buttons for a while the drop-down menu truly appears, but when you press without holding, I mean a quite quick pressing, you get the desired action. That how it works on my KDE and KDE-MOD smile

Last edited by Zibi1981 (2008-02-17 17:48:19)

"... being a Linux user is sort of like living in a house inhabited by a large family of carpenters and architects. Every morning when you wake up, the house is a little different. Maybe there is a new turret, or some walls have moved. Or perhaps someone has temporarily removed the floor under your bed."

MSI Raider GE78HX 13VI-032PL

#3 2008-02-17 20:08:43

bones
Website

Zibi1981 wrote:

Well, if you press those buttons for a while the drop-down menu truly appears, but when you press without holding, I mean a quite quick pressing, you get the desired action. That how it works on my KDE and KDE-MOD smile

+1.
I received a phone call a while back from my mother who was having the same problem, I couldn't understand why until I went back home for xmas and got her to show me. She was holding the mouse button down instead of clicking it.

"When once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return."

#4 2008-02-18 05:33:51

fflarex

I've had this problem before and I always figured it was a mouse problem (because I had the problem outside of KDE apps as well). I actually switched distros because of it, but upon realizing I couldn't live without Arch, I switched back and all was well. So I don't really know what to tell you. I'm not sure if it was a configuration problem, a package that got updated while I wasn't using Arch, or a bug, but my reinstall fixed things.

Not much help I know, but I figured I'd give some credit to your problem in case a bug report really is in order.

Last edited by fflarex (2008-02-18 05:38:33)

#5 2008-02-18 22:04:14

kilolima
Website

On my install, even a quick tap still opens the drop down menu.  Is it really only supposed to happen when holding down the mouse button?

ok, if I tap the mouse really really fast and hard, like basically so hard that it's going to break the mouse eventually, it will just do the action and not show the menu.  I tried to adjust KDE mouse settings but nothing changes.

So does this mean it is a mouse issue? I've been having issues with X and my mouse and touchpad- the touchpad ignores ksynaptics settings or basically anything from software.

I'm going to try some other distro's live cd and see what happens.

#6 2008-02-18 22:15:52

n8schicht
Website

Funny, I was changing settings now myself, and then it is as you said: the drop down buttons will immediately show more options if I set a value like 50ms for the dragging action to start. The default setting is 500ms. Maybe you have another look and see if something is messed up...

bildschirmphoto7fdu.png

#7 2008-02-19 08:11:45

kilolima
Website

n8schicht,

you are a genius.  I didn't even try to change the drag options.  Mine was set at 0 (I don't think I ever set this value before).  Changing it to 500ms fixed it.  Thanks!

kilolima

#8 2008-02-19 08:38:06

n8schicht
Website

You are welcome! Glad I could help  smile

Board footer