You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-22 18:00:06

Tomkin

Compiz - hangs on Swiftweasel startup

Well, after a couple months of on-and-off struggling, the new Xorg-server upgrade or Catalyst upgrade or something finally gave me GLX_EXT_texture_from_pixmap! I have an Acer Aspire 3100-1405 with an AMD64 processor and ATI Radeon Xpress 1100 video (fglrx) running Arch64 with KDE. Now I can run Compiz via fusion-icon and it starts fine. However, I still have two issues:
1) kde-window-decorator complains that it can't find, and therefore can't load, libqt-mt.so.3. I know for a fact that said library is located in /opt/qt/lib, so I'm not sure why k-w-d can't find it.
2) This is the more pressing concern: I started Compiz, got the k-w-d, and started Emerald. After that I launched Swiftweasel from the KDE run command, and bam! (Or rather lack of bam)... everything crashed to the point where even ctrl-alt-backspace didn't work and ctrl-alt-del wouldn't shut it down. This doesn't happen from KWin, so I know it's a Compiz problem, but I can't figure out why it would crash so badly... any ideas?

Thanks,
- Tomkin

Board footer