You are not logged in.

#1 2007-10-22 11:37:46

strummer

Installing StumpWM

It's so damn hard! I've tried PKGBUILD. git and tar.gz from the StumpWM homepage.. I always get "component :CL-PPCRE not found, required by #<SYSTEM "stumpwm" {B240349}>".. I have CL-PPCRE, but sbcl doesn't find it.. So I guess I didn't install it right..

Maybe somebody could just give easy installation instructions, maybe some StumpWM fanatic wink

P4 530J, Arch Linux

#2 2007-10-22 22:13:42

pauldonnelly

Re: Installing StumpWM

How did you install CL-PPCRE? It should have come with an file that ends in .asd. If you symlink it into ~/.sbcl/systems/ then ASDF should be able to find it. If, after doing that, StumpWM still fails to load, then try putting (asdf:oos 'asdf:load-op 'cl-ppcre) or something similar into the repl before starting StumpWM.

I haven't messed with StumpWM, so I'm just working from general ASDF and SBCL knowledge here.

EDIT: You can also check the value of asdf:*asdf-central-registry* if you want to know ASDF's search paths.

Last edited by pauldonnelly (2007-10-22 22:15:33)

#3 2007-10-23 07:17:57

strummer

It works now.. #stumpwm@freenode helped.. It was about CL-PPCRE like you said, the StumpwmWiki didn't have line "(asdf-install:install 'cl-ppcre)". Not really sure if that is mentioned elsewhere, added it to StumwmWiki: Setup anyway..

BTW StumpWM is very nice!

P4 530J, Arch Linux

#4 2008-01-13 14:23:04

Theomachos
Website

Since many people seem to have installation problems with Stumpwm, there's now a Step-by-Step guide in the Wiki: http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Stumpwm wink

There is one thing even more vital to science than intelligent methods; and that is, the sincere desire to find out the truth, whatever it may be.
Charles S. Peirce

#5 2008-01-15 13:02:57

Jerry

The cl-ppcre won't install on my unit.  I might be wrong here, but the PKGBUILD has mixed up some of its spelling.  I tried "correcting" the mistake but it still wouldn't install itself. It also gives an error of "PKGBUILD: line 26: usr/share/cl-ppcre/: No such file or directory" when I do a makepkg --asroot. I tried making a directory but it went with the same error. Adding a slash to the last line of the PKGBUILD brings a slightly different one "PKGBUILD: line 26: /usr/share/cl-ppcre/: is a directory".  I did the same installation days ago and I was successful. The last update of the PKGBUILD was last Jan 06 2008 and I know I did my installation past that date.

I was thinking that maybe this has something to do with the makepkg problem that some were having after the pacman update. I can't move my makepkg.pacnew because this is a new installation and I don't have one, so
I just use --asroot to utilize it.  I'm going to inform the maintainer about the spelling error, any feedbacks on this will be highly appreciated.

@Theomachos: thanks for that wiki, really wonderful.

I'm also sorry for not putting the error inside a tag, I'm still learning elinks.

#6 2008-02-14 18:56:58

Theomachos
Website

Added some other install-methods (like asdf:install) to the wiki wink
There's also a PKGBUILD for clisp...

Last edited by Theomachos (2008-02-14 18:58:34)

There is one thing even more vital to science than intelligent methods; and that is, the sincere desire to find out the truth, whatever it may be.
Charles S. Peirce

#7 2008-02-24 14:37:34

scj

Thanks for the wiki entry, I'm gonna give it a whirl.
But really, shouldn't it be possible to manage all this via pacman somehow? Seems to be an awful lot of hoops to jump through...

I can't seem to get clx to install.

(require 'asdf)
(require 'asdf-install)
(asdf-install:install 'clx)

; loading system definition from /home/scj/.sbcl/systems/clx.asd into
; #<PACKAGE "ASDF0">
; registering #<SYSTEM CLX {AA0DB11}> as CLX

debugger invoked on a SB-POSIX::FILE-ENOENT in thread #<THREAD "initial thread" {A722549}>:
  failed to find the WRITE-DATE of /usr/lib/sbcl/sb-bsd-sockets/TODO:
    No such file or directory

Type HELP for debugger help, or (SB-EXT:QUIT) to exit from SBCL.

restarts (invokable by number or by possibly-abbreviated name):
  0: [RETRY] Retry installation
  1: [ABORT] Exit debugger, returning to top level.

(SB-IMPL::SIMPLE-FILE-PERROR
 "failed to find the WRITE-DATE of ~A"
 #P"/usr/lib/sbcl/sb-bsd-sockets/TODO"
 2)

Edit: I got it working, but I had to recompile the sbcl with abs. Skip the TODO stripping and everything works alot better. yay!

Last edited by scj (2008-02-24 18:49:02)

Board footer