You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-23 13:13:06

moljac024

Can watch embedded youtube videos, can't watch from youtube.com itself

For some reason youtube complains about me not having flash or java and I can't watch youtube videos. If I go to sun's website to verify my java installation it says I do have the recommended version installed.

Funny thing is that I can watch Youtube videos if they are embedded in another web site, I just can't watch them from youtube.com..... Any ideas ?

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#2 2008-02-24 02:14:27

stingray

Re: Can watch embedded youtube videos, can't watch from youtube.com itself

I've had trouble with Opera when videos are open in more than one tab, but Firefox works without problmes for me.  Might try different browsers.

#3 2008-02-24 02:22:13

paraflu

Does is worked before - if the answer is yes then --
no script installed ?
allow ytimg.com (better temporarily)
if this isn`t the case - i don`t know

#4 2008-02-24 12:47:13

moljac024

The browser I'm using is Firefox, I've tried Konqueror but it crashes upon loading a youtube video.

I've also tried disabling all the extensions in Firefox...

EDIT: I am using NoScript, but as I've said I tried disabling it, I tried allowing everything, but youtube still doesn't work.

Last edited by moljac024 (2008-02-24 12:50:49)

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

#5 2008-02-25 01:38:04

atordo

It's not java but javascript. Anyway, the same happens here. Youtube determines that flash is not installed and no matter if it is or not, it just won't embed the video in the page.

A dirty trick is to replace the URL like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wathever to http://www.youtube.com/v/whatever

That way it will play as if the video were embedded from another page, which works ok. Not very convenient, though.

Board footer