You are not logged in.

#1 2008-02-26 20:02:09

stefan1975

monitor of docking station not working as it should

Hello,

I am running Arch on a Dell m65 laptop. It is mostly working fine except the combination with my dockingstation at work.

When I run Arch undocked everything is fine, but what I want of course with my laptop is to use the laptop screen when undocked and when I am at work place my laptop in the dock with the lid closed and use the connected 22" widescreen samsung monitor with the laptop TFT turned off.

However I cannot get it to work properly, i know it should be working since M$ Vitsa handles it correctly.

However with Arch the only way I can get My external monitor to work is to use nvidia-xconfig and make a "twinview" "clone" of the laptop screen. Like this both screens operate in mirrored mode showing the desktop properly but I have to keep the laptop lid opened like this since bith screens are active and besides I have Xinerama stuff enabled like crazy in this setup when I know it shouldnt, since I only want one monitor enabled at the time.

does anyone know how to set this up properly?

Section "Screen"
    Identifier     "Screen0"
    Device         "Videocard0"
    Monitor        "Monitor0"
    DefaultDepth    24
    Option         "RenderAccel" "True"
    Option         "AddARGBGLXVisuals" "True"
    Option         "DisableGLXRootClipping" "true"
    Option         "TwinView" "1"
    Option         "TwinViewXineramaInfoOrder" "CRT-0"
    Option         "metamodes" "CRT: 1920x1200 +0+0, DFP: nvidia-auto-select +0+0"
    SubSection     "Display"
        Depth       24
    EndSubSection

this is how it sort of works but with both screens enabled at the same time.

thanks,
stefan

"root# su - bofh"
Desktop Hardware: Dell Precision M65 laptop, core2duo, 2gb, 80gb 7200rpm
Registered linux user #459910 since 1998

Board footer