You are not logged in.

#1 2004-07-01 22:06:53

correct

[JVM]mozilla-firefox issue

First post,

First some sidenotes about installing Arch...
While installing Arch, I had some issues such as missing modules for my eth, but it was manageable. I suggest supporting all the modules that are accessible in the 2.6.3 kernel. When starting pacman, it can't be runned a second time concurrently. Why no queue, that would be *very* usefull. But this is the first distro on which alsa Just Works (tm) .

Now, the mozilla issue:

When running mozilla-firefox and visiting macromedia.com, I get this error:
INTERNAL ERROR on Browser End: Could not get the JVM manager System error?:: Success

It's related to the thunderbird-problem, but I don't know how exactly. It's ofcourse the idea, that I can use flash, jre etc.

Info: version 0.9.1-2
java version: current

Anybody else having this problem, with a solution?

#2 2004-07-02 04:20:04

sarah31
Website

Re: [JVM]mozilla-firefox issue

i did n't have and never have had issues with eth modules but i only use two different cards. on the other hand i think you are correct in assuming that not all modules are available .... but i would have to check the config file.

as for your problem i believe it is related to thunderbird and that one user here suggested a temporary fix until the package maintainer solves the issue.

http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php?t=5425

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#3 2004-07-03 20:50:38

correct

Re: [JVM]mozilla-firefox issue

I missed the forcedeth module, but after compiling a new kernel, it worked. Because of security issues I also downloaded a new kernel from kernel.org and now everything, except for the coldplugging of my scanner, works.

Board footer