You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-02 19:11:11

Ambi

PKGBUILD : how to check packge version?

I'm the maintainer of swiftfox-i18n package, and I would like to make it as universal as possible. There are many packages providing swiftfox, and they are all in diffrent versions. I'd like my package to depend on the packages with the same version as my package. Normally I would write

depends=("swiftfox=${pkgver}")

But the problem is that packages which provides swiftfox are not providing swiftfox version. Is there any way to resolve that issue?

#2 2008-03-02 19:34:02

Ambi

Re: PKGBUILD : how to check packge version?

OK, I found the solution. I must ask all swiftfox maintainers to replace

provides=(swiftfox)

by

provides=(swiftfox=$pkgver)

Last edited by Ambi (2008-03-02 19:50:30)

#3 2008-03-02 19:34:42

shining
Pacman Developer

Re: PKGBUILD : how to check packge version?

Ambi wrote:

I'm the maintainer of swiftfox-i18n package, and I would like to make it as universal as possible. There are many packages providing swiftfox, and they are all in diffrent versions. I'd like my package to depend on the packages with the same version as my package. Normally I would write

depends=("swiftfox=${pkgver}")

But the problem is that packages which provides swiftfox are not providing swiftfox version. Is there any way to resolve that issue?

Yes, ask the maintainers of these swiftfox providers to also specify a provision version like this in their PKGBUILDs :
provides=("swiftfox=$pkgver")

pacman roulette : pacman -S $(pacman -Slq | LANG=C sort -R | head -n $((RANDOM % 10)))

Board footer