You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-02 22:02:32

MoonSwan

KDE window borders disappear when 2 or more users logged in

I spent a very frustrating Saturday afternoon trying to debug what I thought was a corrupted kde install.  In short, if someone would try this & see if you get the same results, I'd appreciate some feedback:

- Logged in through KDM as a regular user or root
- After KDE is loaded, click on the Kicker button > Switch User > Start new session
- Login as another user (or root)
- At this point, when I look at any window in my new KDE session, its borders are gone... IE I have no buttons or borders showing with app I'm using, thus I can't click on the X or other buttons to minimise/close/resize the app in question
- It makes no difference which account I log into first...I experimented with trying to log in as root first, then as a user or vice versa

I tried to install the user account several times using various methods but the issue persisted.  I ended up trying an entirely different account and saw the same results which made me realize that my account I'd started with is not corrupted at all.  This leads me to believe there is either a strange bug in KDE or some system setting I'm using is forcing this behaviour in my installation.  I'd like to find out which is true or not true.

Feedback welcome.

MS

Board footer