You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-06 04:24:11

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Arch Linux Schwag

Hey all,

I've set up a new Arch Schwag section on Zazzle, which seems to outperform cafepress by several leaps and bounds. The new schwag shop is here:

http://www.zazzle.com/archlinux*

Its still a bit of a work in progress, I'm working with Thayer to get some different logo designs put up, and I intend to improve descriptions and the overall look as I go. Feedback is welcome, especially monetary feedback (buy something). :-)  Proceeds will go to supporting Arch Linux development, as always.

Zazzle is quite nice because it gives you quite a bit of freedom to customize your product before you purchase it including colour, logo placement, and product style.

Thoughts, comments, and product image ideas are all welcome!

Dusty

#2 2008-03-06 09:49:34

nDray
Website

Re: Arch Linux Schwag

Could there be more offers of stickers?
And them beying circular doesn't help much, given the concept's shape.... How's the sticking material? Is it strong as, say, windows/nvidia/etc?

#3 2008-03-06 12:57:22

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

I have no control over the zazzle product line; the only stickers they have are round stickers and bumper stickers. Since bumper stickers are typically extremely strong sticking quality I've been considering putting five or six sticker images on one bumper sticker and allowing you to cut them out. I've also been in touch with Thayer regarding more sticker designs, he's got plans for them but is busy at the moment.

As for zazzle product quality, including the stickers, I don't know how good they are yet. Consensus across google seems to be that they are better than cafepress, but I haven't received my first product so this is purely anecdotal.

Dusty

#4 2008-03-06 13:17:03

wyvern

Yay - finally a keychain! My current one broke, and I was wanting to go with an Arch Linux one <3

The only question is - will it only have the logo on it? How about the 'archlinux' part? Maybe on the reverse side? I want to display my geekiness to the full lol

And I'm tempted by the lappy sticker - I always emblazon my laptops with the appropriate Linux distro, and I couldn't find any Arch current ones <3

I approve big_smile

EDIT: Well, I see you can actually alter the products yourself, so in theory I could just paste on a copy of the 'archlinux' text and position the logo a little higher...

Last edited by wyvern (2008-03-06 13:28:28)

#5 2008-03-06 13:31:13

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

wyvern wrote:

Yay - finally a keychain! My current one broke, and I was wanting to go with an Arch Linux one <3

The only question is - will it only have the logo on it? How about the 'archlinux' part? Maybe on the reverse side? I want to display my geekiness to the full lol

And I'm tempted by the lappy sticker - I always emblazon my laptops with the appropriate Linux distro, and I couldn't find any Arch current ones <3

I approve big_smile

EDIT: Well, I see you can actually alter the products yourself, so in theory I could just paste on a copy of the 'archlinux' text and position the logo a little higher...

Hold on a while, I'm waiting for Thayer to send me a copy of the vertical logo with a gradient logo underneath... so it'll look like this:

^
    /A\
archlinux

I was intending to put that on the keychain if you're looking for extra geek points. :-)

Dusty

#6 2008-03-06 13:36:56

wyvern

Oooh yay - thanks, I shall wait awhile longer then big_smile

And it's a shame those are sheets of 20 stickers - I'll never need *that* many, even if I go through them as they wear out/tear, and I don't replace my machines all that quickly either. Hmm, perhaps I should see if anyone will go halves on them who also lives in the UK... tongue

#7 2008-03-06 18:14:18

nDray
Website

Nicest thing would be a 3D metal keychain of the new logo.....

#8 2008-03-06 18:25:54

wyvern

nDray wrote:

Well definitely yes, but that would be both costly, and not likely on most 'design your own swag' sites wink

EDIT: 'swag' or 'schwag', that's the question...? smile

Last edited by wyvern (2008-03-06 18:27:34)

#9 2008-03-06 19:05:40

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

I wanted to buy the black t-shirt with the blue logo (here) but the logo seems to be cut at the bottom. I hope it's just a glitch from the website... Please, tell me it is tongue

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#10 2008-03-06 19:15:35

Flying Saxman

If you look closely, you'll recognize, that there is just a pleat (right word on the right place? hope so), so the rest of the logo is simply hidden by the shirt itself!

#11 2008-03-06 19:20:33

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Ok, so it's like that only on the website picture, I hope.

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#12 2008-03-06 19:39:21

thayer
Fellow
Website

Dusty and I are looking into that... I noticed it this morning too.  Of course, if you wanted to buy it right now, you can easily customize the image size and position using the Customize button.

thayer williams ~ cinderwick.ca

#13 2008-03-06 22:08:52

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

wyvern wrote:
nDray wrote:

Well definitely yes, but that would be both costly, and not likely on most 'design your own swag' sites wink

Hi guys,

I'm not certain how this thing would turn out -- they don't have a preview, but it might be sort of like what you're looking for:

http://www.zazzle.com/archlinux/product … 9999136507

EDIT: 'swag' or 'schwag', that's the question...? smile

I invoke the God Judd who will tell us "I spelled it schwag and thus this is the spelling you will use"

Dusty

#14 2008-03-06 22:12:30

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

thayer wrote:

Dusty and I are looking into that... I noticed it this morning too.  Of course, if you wanted to buy it right now, you can easily customize the image size and position using the Customize button.

I'm  pretty sure its as Flying Saxman says, its just the model, not the pattern. If you look at it in design view it shows the whole thing, right?

I've read reviews of Zazzle and it *sounds* like if you don't like the product quality they're pretty good to work with you to get you a better quality product.

Dusty

#15 2008-03-06 22:20:02

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

wyvern wrote:

Here you go mate:
http://www.zazzle.com/arch_linux_keycha … 5993329335

#16 2008-03-06 22:23:08

wyvern

Dusty wrote:

I'm not certain how this thing would turn out -- they don't have a preview, but it might be sort of like what you're looking for:

http://www.zazzle.com/archlinux/product … 9999136507

Colour me impressed! I didn't realise they had a '3D' option available for certain items... But now, do I choose to show my full geekiness and have the text-and-logo flat keychain, or the rather swish (but arguably less geeky) 3D logo-only version? Thanks for looking into that Dusty.

I invoke the God Judd who will tell us "I spelled it schwag and thus this is the spelling you will use"

lol Then I too must bow to such wisdom... when I order my schwag tongue

#17 2008-03-06 22:29:07

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

Dusty wrote:

I'm  pretty sure its as Flying Saxman says, its just the model, not the pattern. If you look at it in design view it shows the whole thing, right?

Excuse me for power-posting, but I was wrong about this. I just replaced the dark shirt with a product that should display better.

Dusty

#18 2008-03-06 22:40:01

wyvern

Sorry for spamming up this thread, but I was wondering if I should just wait a day or so till you have all the logo/text and items available all sorted out and finalised? I'd hate to place an order than realise later you'd added more things I just couldn't do without (or something roll).

And thanks for updating the keychain... Now, if you were to do the same to the magnet, say...

Unless I am in the minority for wanting it 'busier' than a simple logo? It looses some impact with the text I think, but on the other hand, it lets the observer know what the design actually stands for.

If I'm wanting too much I'll gracefully shut up and order my schwag tongue

#19 2008-03-06 23:12:08

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

wyvern wrote:

Sorry for spamming up this thread, but I was wondering if I should just wait a day or so till you have all the logo/text and items available all sorted out and finalised?

Maybe a day or so. Thayer might be submitting more designs in the future, but I'm anticipating that to be weeks away. Right now I'm mostly just updating for requests.

And thanks for updating the keychain... Now, if you were to do the same to the magnet, say...

Guido loaned me his time machine for that one... :-)

Unless I am in the minority for wanting it 'busier' than a simple logo? It looses some impact with the text I think, but on the other hand, it lets the observer know what the design actually stands for.

It doesn't matter I can make more than one type of magnet if someone requests it. :-)

If I'm wanting too much I'll gracefully shut up and order my schwag tongue

Nah, I appreciate the interest, thanks to everyone's requests the product line is improving quickly. :-)

Dusty

#20 2008-03-07 00:09:19

RabidWolf
Website

Large coffee mug please smile

#21 2008-03-07 00:31:40

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

RabidWolf wrote:

Large coffee mug please smile

Here you go:

http://www.zazzle.com/arch_linux_large_ … 6092004671

If you prefer the other logo style, you can also click the 'frosted mug' product and customize it to choose this mug style instead (or a travel mug, stein, etc).

Dusty

#22 2008-03-07 00:59:20

Sjoden
Website

Do you think we can get mini pins/buttons? Like these. http://www.cafepress.com/buy/linux/-/pv … g_/c_/fpt_.

Last edited by Sjoden (2008-03-07 01:05:08)

#23 2008-03-07 01:44:20

Dusty
Schwag Merchant
Website

#24 2008-03-07 03:50:31

libby

Very cool schwag Dusty - thanks for taking this on.  I particularly like the white ringer mug and v-neck tees.  We'll definitely place orders when things are ready to go.

I have this vision of our house being decked out with Thayer's logo everywhere, as I think I heard him mutter something about bed sheets...  wink

#25 2008-03-07 03:59:06

dmartins

I will definitely be buying some schwag smile
I am thinking the black tee, a key chain, coffee mug and some stickers!

Board footer