You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-12 16:16:50

zodmaner

Getting w3m and GNU screen to play nice together.

I managed to get w3m to render inline image on web page by recompile w3m with inline image support (thanks to finferflu's post here: http://bbs.archlinux.org/viewtopic.php? … 49#p316449 wink ) and it work flawlessly on both xterm and urxvt.

However, when I run w3m in screen, there's a glitch with the inline image. Basically, when I run w3m in screen, the images would be rendered few pixel off where they should be. Also, w3m would render image over screen hardstatus bar.

Is there anyway to fix these issues?

#2 2008-03-12 16:23:35

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Getting w3m and GNU screen to play nice together.

While I'm not sure about the offset of the images, it is "normal" that they overlap the hardstatus. Images are rendered on top of the terminal window, in a transparent window, so to speak. So there's not much you can do about the hardstatus, as far as I know. However I've never noticed the offset, but it's perhaps because I use screen all the time.

Last edited by finferflu (2008-03-12 16:24:25)

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#3 2008-03-12 17:26:49

zodmaner

Re: Getting w3m and GNU screen to play nice together.

finferflu wrote:

Images are rendered on top of the terminal window, in a transparent window, so to speak. So there's not much you can do about the hardstatus

Awe... That's too bad. sad

finferflu wrote:

as far as I know. However I've never noticed the offset, but it's perhaps because I use screen all the time.

Well, that's a good news. So now it's just a matter of figures out why it didn't work on my setup. smile Could you please share the PKGBUILD file you used for building w3m, finferflu? I suspect maybe I did something wrong in there to cause this problem.

Board footer