You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-14 13:54:57

onramhyn

cute, little pacman suggestion

Hello everybody,

this is my second post and I'm not sure whether this section matches the content of my post, if it doesn't, feel free to kick my post to a more appropriate place, even if this would be the Dust/troll-bin-section hmm

However, overall, I think Arch Linux is pretty close to perfect when it comes down to notebooks, as you know, it just feels incredibly snappy and fast, at least it does on my HP 6710b. But there's one little problem about pacman, that keeps annoying me a little: In my opinion, I'm heavily missing an indication of overall downloading progress in pacman. I imagine it doesn't take too much of an effort to implement this feature, however I might be wrong here, too. I think a rather simple indicator like an increasing percental value calculated by the <cumulative size of already downloaded files> divided by <cumulative size of all updates>, as seen in aptitude on debian, would increase usability a lot!

Thank you very much for your attention, may be someone might actually thinks this is useful, too!

#2 2008-03-14 13:57:02

nogoma

Re: cute, little pacman suggestion

This what you're looking for?

man pacman.conf wrote:

TotalDownload
           When downloading, display the amount downloaded, download rate,
           ETA, and completed percentage of the entire download list list
           rather than the percent of each individual download target. The
           progress bar is still based solely on the current file download.

-nogoma
---
Code Happy, Code Ruby!
http://www.last.fm/user/nogoma/

#3 2008-03-14 14:00:33

onramhyn

Re: cute, little pacman suggestion

... OK, thank you very much, should've read the fine manpage before! roll
Never mind this stupid post lol

Board footer