You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-13 20:27:37

obelisk79

[Solved] Dual boot install on Jmicron Raid 0

Hey guys, relatively new with linux and Arch especially. I've installed arch and configured it just fine in the past, but I recently built a new PC and now I have a Raid 0 setup using my motherboards jmicron/intel ich9  sata controller. I want to run Archlinux on this new PC, but with dualboot windows XP. I'm pretty much stuck and clueless, and the wiki page about software raids didn't make much sense to me or seem to apply to my specific problem. I hope there's someone who can help me get this up and running. Buying a hardware raid card is not an option for me right now due to being budget limited by my wife.

I don't mind scrapping my current windows install as long as I'm able to get both OS's running on raid partitions in a dual boot config when it's all said and done. Any and ALL help is greatly appreciated on this one... in the mean time I'll be blowing up google trying to figure out wth I'm doing.

-Obelisk

P.S. Does anyone know if this guide should work for me? I'm gonna probably give it a try after class...

http://gentoo-wiki.com/HOWTO_Gentoo_Ins … oard)_RAID

Last edited by obelisk79 (2008-03-20 06:55:11)

#2 2008-03-16 16:30:51

uwolfer

Re: [Solved] Dual boot install on Jmicron Raid 0

Probably this guide helps you (I have running such a setup):
http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Ins … _Fake-RAID

#3 2008-03-17 09:14:33

loosec

Gentoo guide is the base for arch guide so you should probably read them both. I have this dualboot setup on the same raid set, works fine.
Weird thing is ntfs-3g gives me slightly better performance than windows. smile

My windows nvidia sata-raid  driver is somewhat flawed so I get a bluescreen or two in windows. No dataloss yet.

#4 2008-03-20 06:54:59

obelisk79

Yep, that did it, just took me a few days to get back into things. Thanks for keeping that wiki page up to date loosec. Much respect.

/salute!

Board footer