You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-17 14:50:19

dunc

F1 live timing taking 100% CPU

I realise this is a pretty obscure problem. F1's live timing service runs as a Java applet in a browser: http://www.formula1.com/services/live_t … popup.html (registration required, but it should load and run at any time, not just on race weekends). Obviously, I haven't used it since last October, and when I fired it up this weekend it just sat there, taking 100% CPU.

It doesn't seem to be the JVM at fault: other Java applets run fine, and I've tried downgrading to a version I know worked last year. Neither is it anything in the applet itself: I have another Arch partition which I cloned off this one last November, and it works perfectly there (it doesn't seem to be the kernel, either; I tried booting this "current" partition with the kernel from that one). However, so many packages have been upgraded - and I've tinkered so much with this install - since then, that it could be literally anything.

For that reason, I don't expect anyone to come up with an immediate answer, but I'd appreciate some ideas on how to narrow down the possibilities and figure out what might be causing this.

0 Ok, 0:1

#2 2008-03-17 15:18:20

lucke

Re: F1 live timing taking 100% CPU

What browser?

Works OK in konqueror.

#3 2008-03-17 17:12:32

dunc

Re: F1 live timing taking 100% CPU

lucke wrote:

What browser?

All of 'em: Firefox, Opera, Konq, Kazehakase...

Works OK in konqueror.

Weirder and weirder, then.  hmm

0 Ok, 0:1

Board footer