You are not logged in.

#1 2008-03-02 06:32:15

LaoTzuTao

Kpowersave no suspend to ram (SOLVED)

Hey all

Been trying to get kpowersave to work for the longest time. Tried all different versions, .6 .7 svn, none of which will suspend to ram or disk. When started from konsole I get these messages -
kpowersave: Could not get XDG_SESSION_COOKIE from environment
kpowersave: no device with category laptop_panel found
kpowersave: WARNING: Error while lookup privileges: HAL is not built with PolicyKit support
kpowersave: got CPU Freq gov: ondemand
kpowersave: WARNING: Error while lookup privileges: HAL is not built with PolicyKit support
kpowersave: WARNING: Property: power_management.can_standby for: /org/freedesktop/Hal/devices/computer doesn't exist.
kpowersave: ERROR: Refuse: 0 as it is smaller than the LowLevel: 7
kpowersave: ERROR: Refuses: 0 as it is not between WarnLevel: 12 and CritLevel: 2
kpowersave: got CPU Freq gov: ondemand
kpowersave: Didn't change Policy, was already set

Then when I click suspend to ram I get this message -

kpowersave: WARNING: Could not umount external storage partitions.
kpowersave: WARNING: Could not umount ...

This has never worked with Arch on this machine, its a desktop, but kpowersave works like a charm in Ubuntu/openSUSE.
Another interesting thing is gnome-power-manager works fine in Arch/KDE, but I prefer to use kpowersave.
Pm-utils works fine with Arch, from command line (pm-suspend) I just would love to get the autosuspend feature to work.
Anyone have this working with Arch?

J

Last edited by LaoTzuTao (2008-03-06 03:42:49)

#2 2008-03-04 03:59:30

LaoTzuTao

Re: Kpowersave no suspend to ram (SOLVED)

BUMP

Anyone have an idea?

J

#3 2008-03-06 03:43:43

LaoTzuTao

Deleted .kde/share/config/kpowersaverc, then got a pop message that said it could not unmount partitions, but allowed me to continue to suspend anyway. *shrug*

Works for me!

J

#4 2008-04-01 23:56:09

kam

it has been bugging me too, but instead of just deleting the config file i edited the following section in ~/.kde/share/config/kpowersaverc

[Notification Messages]
ignoreMountOnSuspend=no

just replace no with yes and the suspend will proceed.

NB: if you just delete the config file and  and then check the "don't show again" option that appears in the confirmation window bugging about unmounting external media, suspend will no longer work. editing the config as mentioned above seems to fix the issue.
cheers wink

Be concerned about the future, you're gonna spend the rest of your life there...

Board footer