You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-03 17:16:55

furester
Website

Help Request: eet beta

yesterday was released a beta version of eet, an efl (Enlightenment Foundation Library). I tried to make a PKGBUILD and put it into AUR but i received this error message:

Non disponi dei permessi per poter sovrascrivere il pacchetto eet.

Now PKGBUILD is available here: http://xenos.altervista.org/blogs/index … ella_alpha but why I received that error message?

Last edited by furester (2008-04-04 05:50:01)

#2 2008-04-03 17:19:47

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Help Request: eet beta

I think it would be a good idea to translate the error message. So here we go:

You haven't got the privileges to overwrite the eet package

Anyway, I think the main problem is that there is a package called eet, which doesn't belong to you. So you have to either notify the PKGBUILD maintainer on AUR or give a different name to yours.

Edit
I have just checked, and there appears to be no package named eet. I don't know what the problem might be. I hope somebody else has a better answer...

Last edited by finferflu (2008-04-03 17:23:34)

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#3 2008-04-03 22:07:23

furester
Website

sorry, error message was:

You are not allowed to overwrite the eet package.

but it appears as noone has a package named eet, neither a package with that name is around. The only suggestion I received is that a TU upload this PKGBUILD, it is a workaround and it could work just fine but that is a problem of AUR and it could need a correction.

#4 2008-04-04 05:12:48

finferflu
Forum Fellow
Website

I suggest you to change the topic title a bit to catch some Trusted User's attention. Something along the lines of "Trusted Users: help for eet beta". What do you think?

Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

#5 2008-04-04 06:12:31

schivmeister
Developer/TU
Website

This seems to happen occasionally when the database in AUR isn't updated. Most likely the package does not exist. Write to the AUR mailing list and it will be fixed shortly.

Remember, we have eet-cvs in community. The maintainer of e did some moving some time ago, so that may be why.

I need real, proper pen and paper for this.

#6 2008-04-04 17:02:56

furester
Website

here begin the thread in aur-general ml: http://archlinux.org/pipermail/aur-gene … 07352.html
we (me and JJDaNiMoTh) are waiting for help!

Board footer