You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-09 22:15:40

dreamacaster012

(Gnome) Main Menu -> Other: how to delete files from the list?

I've installed programs via Wine, and when I uninstall them they still are in my main menu -> other folder. How can I get rid of them?

#2 2008-04-09 23:30:59

Dirhael

Re: (Gnome) Main Menu -> Other: how to delete files from the list?

You need to remove the *.desktop files that remains in your home folder. If you don't know where to look, just open a terminal and run this:

find ~ -regex '.*?wine.*?\.desktop$'

It should list all shortcuts pretty much all shortcuts created by wine. Just delete the ones you don't want.

#3 2008-04-09 23:43:57

pelle.k

Also, you probably noticed that already by using the suggestions above, but .desktop files from wine is in .local/share/applications/wine

"Your beliefs can be like fences that surround you.
You must first see them or you will not even realize that you are not free, simply because you will not see beyond the fences.
They will represent the boundaries of your experience."

SETH / Jane Roberts

#4 2008-04-09 23:53:08

moljac024

Just install alacarte - that's the menu editor for gnome. Then you can just right click on the menu and select "Edit Menu"

The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

Board footer