You are not logged in.

#1 2008-04-12 01:22:31

FrozenFox
Website

[SOLVED] Konqueror/KDEmod: Bad icon alignment/disable full filenames?

Hi guys,

Hope this is the right place. I have no idea what I might search for to find the answer to this question, as the several queries I made gave results not even close to what I'm looking for on google.. I'm also unsure whether it's an issue with konqueror in specific or KDEmod, so I will leave it here until certain (and then go to the kdemod devs perhaps if its that).

I've used kde for over a year and a half, and recently switched to Arch in the last month or so and used KDEMod. Loving both. However, I have yet to figure out how to disable this default setting on KDEMod I've never seen before: it rearranges all or some of the icons out of alignment in konqueror.. it -appears- to be doing such so that there is enough room to display the full length of the folder/file name, or at least more letters. I have no idea what it's doing it for, but that's my best guess due to where it shows up. I can't see any obvious switches in the settings or menu bar.

Many folders do this, and it's seriously annoying not having everything aligned and having icon space wasted. Here's a picture if what I describe isn't clear.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v412/ … pshot5.png

Note that my icons, scheme, fonts, etc are all exactly the same as they have been in kde before everywhere else, so I don't think that would be the issue.

Would appreciate if any of you could tell me how to fix this, assuming it's not some strange bug smile

Last edited by FrozenFox (2008-04-13 05:57:07)

#2 2008-04-12 20:47:59

heleos

Re: [SOLVED] Konqueror/KDEmod: Bad icon alignment/disable full filenames?

I just looked around in the konqueror settings, and in the appearence tab, there's a dropdown for 'Height of icon text'. Mine, and probably yours, is set to 2. Maybe you can try setting it to 1?

EDIT: Also, directly below that, you can set the length of the icon text in pixels.

Last edited by heleos (2008-04-12 20:49:00)

#3 2008-04-13 05:56:41

FrozenFox
Website

Re: [SOLVED] Konqueror/KDEmod: Bad icon alignment/disable full filenames?

yikes That's exactly what I wanted. I was looking for a checkbox of some sort and must have overlooked trying that. Thank you so much! smile

Last edited by FrozenFox (2008-04-13 06:03:00)

Board footer