You are not logged in.

#26 2008-04-09 22:18:53

dolby

Re: dwm config

you will always get that. its no error to worry about. happens in wmii too btw

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#27 2008-04-10 06:47:36

strankan

The weird thing is that it didn't allow me to start X at all. But after a quick reboot X starts again. Oh well, back to tweaking the config smile

#28 2008-04-10 09:01:56

dolby

the fontset thing is 100% irrelevant with it

There shouldn't be any reason to learn more editor types than emacs or vi -- mg (1)
[You learn that sarcasm does not often work well in international forums.  That is why we avoid it. -- ewaller (arch linux forum moderator)

#29 2008-04-21 08:34:27

nDray
Website

I am using this config.h and a small c program to pipe information, because I believe in performance (bash script doing the same with grep, cat, sed, cut used some cpu from time to time...).

This is the result.

I still have to figure out some intuitive hotkeys to control mpd, but I am uncertain about some statistics collection.

I'm calculating the cpu load from /proc/uptime, since the first value is the total time and the second is the idle time. I get the rare ocasion that my app calculates negative usage!!! xD Should I calculate it from somewhere else?

My biggest question, though, is about memory usage. Which value effectively represents the memory being used by running programs? I am using active because it seems coherent, but I believe it's not correct....

Also, do you agree with my excuse to use doubles? I never really though of it that much....

Board footer