You are not logged in.

#51 2008-04-22 18:18:26

phrakture
Arch Overlord
From: behind you
Registered: 2003-10-29
Posts: 7,879
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

Hay guise,
I ported this to cobol

000100 IDENTIFICATION DIVISION.
000200 PROGRAM-ID.     ARCHISTHEBEST.
000300
000400*
000500 ENVIRONMENT DIVISION.
000600 CONFIGURATION SECTION.
000700 SOURCE-COMPUTER. RM-COBOL.
000800 OBJECT-COMPUTER. RM-COBOL.
000900
001000 DATA DIVISION.
001100 FILE SECTION.
001200
100000 PROCEDURE DIVISION.
100100
100200 MAIN-LOGIC SECTION.
100300 BEGIN.
100400     DISPLAY " " LINE 1 POSITION 1 ERASE EOS.
100500     DISPLAY "Arch is the best!" LINE 15 POSITION 10.
100600     STOP RUN.
100700 MAIN-LOGIC-EXIT.
100800     EXIT.

Offline

#52 2008-04-22 19:23:55

tigrmesh
IRC Op
From: Florida, US
Registered: 2007-12-11
Posts: 794

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

phrakture wrote:

Hay guise,
I ported this to cobol

I laughed so hard I cried.

Offline

#53 2008-04-22 19:48:22

_Marco_
Member
Registered: 2008-04-21
Posts: 242

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

windows installer is on the way.
(:P)

Offline

#54 2008-04-22 20:25:36

bb10
Member
Registered: 2007-12-31
Posts: 73

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

_Marco_ wrote:

windows installer is on the way.
(:P)

Cool! Can you make the window animated and transparent in Vista? big_smile

Offline

#55 2008-04-22 20:35:08

dunc
Member
From: Glasgow, UK
Registered: 2007-06-18
Posts: 556

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

Rexx port:

/*arch_is_best.rexx*/
say 'Arch is the best!'

It should work under Linux with Regina, but I haven't done anything radical like, you know, test it.

If you have an Amiga or UAE this should be prettier, provided rexxreqtools.library is installed:

/*arch_is_best_reqtools.rexx*/
options results
call addlib('rexxreqtools.library',0,-30,0)
req = rtezrequest('Arch is the best!','Better than AmigaOS?','Hey!')

This is great! I spent ages learning that language and I never get to use it any more.

(Edited: I forgot the "the". Must have been thinking of the Official "Arch is best" Thread.)

Last edited by dunc (2008-04-23 18:54:20)


0 Ok, 0:1

Offline

#56 2008-04-22 20:59:23

faelar
Member
From: Amiens (FR)
Registered: 2007-12-18
Posts: 232
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

I made some artworks :
aitb.png

Offline

#57 2008-04-22 21:02:34

Susu
Member
From: Germany
Registered: 2005-11-11
Posts: 191
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

Wow, you're some artist...


Album reviews (in german): http://schallwelle.filzo.de

Offline

#58 2008-04-22 21:18:26

bb10
Member
Registered: 2007-12-31
Posts: 73

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

We could use it as a splash image.

Edit: made a new splash image tongue

Splash.png

Last edited by bb10 (2008-04-22 21:45:01)

Offline

#59 2008-04-22 22:43:46

TheBodziO
Member
From: Dukla, Poland
Registered: 2006-07-28
Posts: 227
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

bb10 wrote:

We could use it as a splash image.

Edit: made a new splash image tongue

http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh46 … Splash.png

No, no, no… it's spelled with "a": "the Beast"—of speed that is wink


It's not the best thing when they call you a "member" you know… wink

Offline

#60 2008-04-22 23:01:24

bb10
Member
Registered: 2007-12-31
Posts: 73

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

Thats v1.2, it's still in alpha phase though. I'll make a new splash image when it enters the beta phase. big_smile

Offline

#61 2008-04-23 00:31:14

XChrisX
Member
Registered: 2007-10-21
Posts: 29

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

I had some free time today so I put together a GUI. It is made in Lazarus.
I used the image that faelar posted (the one i made was not as professional
looking.)

I tried to keep the GUI as KISS as possible.

I added 2 buttons. 1 button is sorta regular size and the other is really big.
I know some people like big buttons and some do not. Both buttons can
be pressed. It is not mandatory to press them. You do not HAVE to press them
if you do not want to. But the option to press them is there if you want to do it.

I added a drop down box. If you click on it, it sorta drops down, kinda. You
can, if you want, select any item in the list. Like the buttons, this is optional.
There is no pressure on you to select anything and no pressure for you not
to select anything. Its totally up to you.

I also added a wicked awesome slider thingy. It slides, sorta. I have made
it so that it will go to 11.  Just like the buttons and drop down box, you do
not have to slide it if you do not want too.

I was gonna add a textbox but, no one types anymore. Why would anyone type
when we have a mouse?? Click click clickety click click!

Screen shot:
archbestej3.png

Offline

#62 2008-04-23 00:54:31

lucke
Member
From: Poland
Registered: 2004-11-30
Posts: 4,017

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

With software like that world supremacy is ours!

It might be ours. It might not. It depends, sorta.

Offline

#63 2008-04-23 01:06:07

Roberth
Member
From: Norway
Registered: 2007-01-12
Posts: 887

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

Couldn't we get a gtk+2 gui instead?


Use the Source, Luke!

Offline

#64 2008-04-23 01:42:29

XChrisX
Member
Registered: 2007-10-21
Posts: 29

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

Roberth wrote:

Couldn't we get a gtk+2 gui instead?

Sorry.

gtk2:
archbestgtk2ld2.png

qt:
30mblex.png

Offline

#65 2008-04-23 05:15:24

serrghi
Member
From: Bergen, NO
Registered: 2008-02-12
Posts: 100
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

where can we give money donations for this awesome program?


Unyttig.INFO - Your source to not so useless information
My github - Various configs, dotfiles and nifty scripts

Offline

#66 2008-04-23 07:34:31

moljac024
Member
From: Serbia
Registered: 2008-01-29
Posts: 2,676

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

XChrisX wrote:
Roberth wrote:

Couldn't we get a gtk+2 gui instead?

Sorry.

gtk2:
http://img72.imageshack.us/img72/3034/a … tk2ld2.png

qt:
http://i28.tinypic.com/30mblex.png

Could we have the source code for that ? After all, this is an open-source world...


The day Microsoft makes a product that doesn't suck, is the day they make a vacuum cleaner.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
But if they tell you that I've lost my mind, maybe it's not gone just a little hard to find...

Offline

#67 2008-04-23 08:11:55

Flying Saxman
Member
From: Northern Hesse
Registered: 2007-02-26
Posts: 252

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

I think this application should be delievered with any linux-distribution. It should be a dependency of the kernel so no one can get rid of it. With this strategy we could reach WORLD-DOMINATION!!! MUHAHAHAAAA!!!

Offline

#68 2008-04-23 08:56:13

finferflu
Forum Fellow
From: Manchester, UK
Registered: 2007-06-21
Posts: 1,899
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

XChrisX wrote:

I had some free time today so I put together a GUI. It is made in Lazarus.
I used the image that faelar posted (the one i made was not as professional
looking.)

I tried to keep the GUI as KISS as possible.

I added 2 buttons. 1 button is sorta regular size and the other is really big.
I know some people like big buttons and some do not. Both buttons can
be pressed. It is not mandatory to press them. You do not HAVE to press them
if you do not want to. But the option to press them is there if you want to do it.

I added a drop down box. If you click on it, it sorta drops down, kinda. You
can, if you want, select any item in the list. Like the buttons, this is optional.
There is no pressure on you to select anything and no pressure for you not
to select anything. Its totally up to you.

I also added a wicked awesome slider thingy. It slides, sorta. I have made
it so that it will go to 11.  Just like the buttons and drop down box, you do
not have to slide it if you do not want too.

I was gonna add a textbox but, no one types anymore. Why would anyone type
when we have a mouse?? Click click clickety click click!

Screen shot:
http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2310/archbestej3.png

Ahhahahahah! Love the irony big_smile big_smile big_smile


Have you Syued today?
Free music for free people! | Earthlings

"Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away." -- A. de Saint-Exupery

Offline

#69 2008-04-23 08:58:44

sH
Member
From: Braunschweig, Germany
Registered: 2007-05-02
Posts: 145

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

Flying Saxman wrote:

I think this application should be delievered with any linux-distribution. It should be a dependency of the kernel so no one can get rid of it. With this strategy we could reach WORLD-DOMINATION!!! MUHAHAHAAAA!!!

Should be autoloaded and always stay in front.

Offline

#70 2008-04-23 09:05:23

TheBodziO
Member
From: Dukla, Poland
Registered: 2006-07-28
Posts: 227
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

sH wrote:
Flying Saxman wrote:

I think this application should be delievered with any linux-distribution. It should be a dependency of the kernel so no one can get rid of it. With this strategy we could reach WORLD-DOMINATION!!! MUHAHAHAAAA!!!

Should be autoloaded and always stay in front.

That's right! In-kernel solution that can't be compiled as a module :>


It's not the best thing when they call you a "member" you know… wink

Offline

#71 2008-04-23 09:37:02

danielsoft
Member
From: Czech Republic
Registered: 2008-02-16
Posts: 102

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

don't forget Common Lisp. This works in the "clisp" dialect.

(with-open-stream (uname-r (ext:run-shell-command "uname -r" :output :stream))
  (if (search "ARCH" (read-line uname-r))
    (format t "Arch is the best!")
    (format t "Get a proper Distribution - Arch Linux is the best!")))

may the Source be with you

Offline

#72 2008-04-23 22:01:28

peets
Member
From: Montreal
Registered: 2007-01-11
Posts: 936
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

serrghi wrote:

where can we give money donations for this awesome program?

Use the "email" button to the left and I will give you the address of our Montreal offices.

Offline

#73 2008-04-23 22:55:44

XChrisX
Member
Registered: 2007-10-21
Posts: 29

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

peets wrote:
serrghi wrote:

where can we give money donations for this awesome program?

Use the "email" button to the left and I will give you the address of our Montreal offices.

Wait, didn't you resign from the project?!

Offline

#74 2008-04-23 23:16:18

TheBodziO
Member
From: Dukla, Poland
Registered: 2006-07-28
Posts: 227
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

XChrisX wrote:
peets wrote:
serrghi wrote:

where can we give money donations for this awesome program?

Use the "email" button to the left and I will give you the address of our Montreal offices.

Wait, didn't you resign from the project?!

I've bribed him… big deal! wink


It's not the best thing when they call you a "member" you know… wink

Offline

#75 2008-04-24 03:42:19

peets
Member
From: Montreal
Registered: 2007-01-11
Posts: 936
Website

Re: A script proclaiming Arch's superiority

I still do some of the management work because no one was able to take over.

Offline

Board footer

Powered by FluxBB