You are not logged in.

#1 2003-05-15 22:03:20

neri
Forum Fellow

Some new packages and a lot of questions on icons and menues

Hi again,

I build a couple of packages, maybe someone is interested: her are the files for abs:www.justdreams.de/archlinux/downloads/mylocal.tar.bz2

what is it about

anjuta: this is the gnome2 enabled beta-version, works fine exepted the view menue (i consider that to be a bug in the beta)

bluefish: is basicly the version which uses the snapshot instead of the stable

dbh: database hashes is a dependency for xffm(xfce4)

diasce2: gnome2 base IDE (alternative to anjuta)

epiphany: didn't work for me (who lends a hand?)

firestarter: Gnome2 frontend to iptables - argh... per default it is setting the path for iptables to /sbin/iptables. In arch it is in /usr/sbin/iptables. The file where this is configured is created by the first launch of firestarter, so I can't edit anything by an install-file(does sombody has an idea?)

ghex: nice Hexeditor for gnome2, I need it for fileformat-analysis

gimp-1.3: gtk2 based develversion, nice not too stable, can coexist with gimp-1.2(further details in the comments in PKGBUILD)

glade2: is just an update to sarahs' glade(now using gtk2 by default); sarah will you updata that soon?

gmodconfig: a gnome2based kernelconfigurator-gui needs libxml++

gthumb: thumbnailviewer and organizer for gnome2

jpilot: is a hack of apiros' with gtk2-enabled

libexif: I made it a dependeny for gthumbs; for my digicam

libxml++: a dependency for gmodconfig

libzvt: a dependency for anjuta(2)

screem: just another website editor(I like bluefish more); is said to be independent from gnome, for me it worked only when installed to /opt/gnome

seahorse: is a gnome2-frontend to gnupg

sylpheed-claws: the current version; dependent from jpilot for exchange of addresses. This is interesting, because the icons are not automaticly copied to pkg as well as the .desktop-files, which are needed for the menues. So I decided to copy them to /usr/share/pixmaps and to /usr/share/applications; At least gnome is looking in this directories for files an d includes them to the menu. If somebody could check if this works for KDE too? I think ist is compliant to the freedesktop-standard. So I think it's an good idea.

bye neri

#2 2003-05-15 22:13:14

netkrash

Re: Some new packages and a lot of questions on icons and menues

it would be nice if you upload your packages to ftp.archlinux.org/incoming

so i can test the packages, rebuild them, check for errors and deps and give the good packages to the mantainers of unofficial and unstable tree (sarah and xentac)

this way your packages will be added to unofficial/unstable repository,

thank you,

GNU/Linux: Share & Enjoy!

#3 2003-05-15 22:38:06

sarah31
Website

oh and sylpheed-claws is in the unstable tree and should be current but i have not checked for a version change lately.

and so you know any package that is built from cvs or development/snapshot/unstable source will end out in the unstable tree. even existing unofficial packages that are betas and what not will eventually be moved over to unstable with some exceptions ( like giFT which will likely never see a fullrelease and i do not released package from the cvs until i know they are in working order or xcdroast which appears to be in permanent alpha release mode)

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#4 2003-05-20 21:43:31

neri
Forum Fellow

I uploaded the packages but not xfce4 now, there's still something to do.
I opened a thread in the General Discussion board

bye neri

Board footer