You are not logged in.

#1 2004-07-14 22:55:20

slyski

cdparanoia won't build

cdparanoia was updated recently with a gcc34.patch file but is not included in the cvs.

tried bug tracker but it won't let me sign in so i guess i will be doin the complainin here. wink

slyski

Joey: If a cow passes away from natural causes can I eat it.
Pheobe: Not if I get there first.

#2 2004-07-15 10:21:30

Blaasvis

Re: cdparanoia won't build

it is there now wink

Freedom is what i love

#3 2004-07-15 23:05:23

slyski

Thanks!

I dusted off my old amd-k6 (i586) machine and have been doin alot of rebuilding of packages so to use it and also for use on some other old pentium machines for firewalling and gatewaying.

Some of the things that built ok without a hassle are base, common libs stuff, kde stuff (not koffice though), most system and daemon stuff.

Like I stated before I was unable to register into bug tracker. Is it ok to report PKGBUILD bugs here.
If I can resolve them on my own then I could also offer some advice here also.

If That is OK with you all!  wink

slyski

#4 2004-07-16 02:59:48

Xentac
Forum Fellow
Website

Talk to Judd about getting access to the bug tracker.

Also, I'm working on an 'official' i586 port.  I have to do a bunch more development and then I'll be able to distribute the work to remote clients (such as yours).  If you'd like to work together on this, let's keep in touch.

I have discovered that all of mans unhappiness derives from only one source, not being able to sit quietly in a room
- Blaise Pascal

#5 2004-07-21 02:45:03

slyski

one thing for certain, archlinux is a moving target.

just went through a bunch of makeworlds in mostly the current repository and i am finding more and more positive builds.

just when i think i'm caught up and taking notes on failed builds the cvs gets updated and i have to go through the makeworlds and gensyncs again.

it's getting better though.

i'll try to post some things sometime soon.

P.S.
one thing now is that gaim failed building because it depends now(?) on gtkspell. that failed totally.

slyski

#6 2004-07-21 03:03:00

sarah31
Website

it is always like that. builds  can change quite a bit other have not been built for sometime (because the packages are functional) and won't build without patching or new depends. there are plenty of reasons. that is the main reason i don't understand why people want their arch to be like gentoo and build from source. it would get frustrating ... it was when i was trying to work on i586 porting.

it get tiring filing bug reports wink

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

#7 2004-07-21 23:18:13

slyski

yes, i would totally agree,

when i started to build new packages for my old stuff my intention was to get a working unit for firewalling/gatewaying and i got carried away with building way to much stuff.

it is cool that i got kde and xfce and mozilla-firefox to build with some minimal hacking so i can enjoy writing this.

maybe all that is really needed is some basic packages important enough (like base, system, daemons, lib, etc..) to start building and hacking just the packages that a person would deem neccesary for what ever purpose to use an old slow machine. even though this k6-500mhz seems to work surprisingly well in kde and xfce.

still thanks to judd and all the developers and maintainers for trying to keep up with things. i don't blame or bash anyone for trying.

i just thought if i would mention a failed build maybe someone with the knowhow would fix it someday. at times when i find a failed build it has already been attended to in the cvs.

slyski

#8 2004-07-21 23:27:23

sarah31
Website

the base should always build via makeworld/srcpac and maybe some other key (read large) packages.

AKA uknowme

I am not your friend

Board footer