You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-03 13:48:26

fuscia

kdemod installation errors [SOLVED]

error: could not prepare transaction
error: failed to commit transaction (conflicting files)
/opt/kde/share/apps/akregator/about/akregator.css exists in both 'kdepim' and 'kdemod-ui-kdemod'
/opt/kde/share/apps/akregator/about/main.html exists in both 'kdepim' and 'kdemod-ui-kdemod'
/opt/kde/share/apps/kmail/about/kmail.css exists in both 'kdepim' and 'kdemod-ui-kdemod'
/opt/kde/share/apps/kmail/about/main.html exists in both 'kdepim' and 'kdemod-ui-kdemod'
Errors occurred, no packages were upgraded.

i followed the instructions at kdemod, to the letter (<---sounds like my grandmother). i got the same errors using the norwegian repo site, too. my installation of arch is only a week old and i haven't messed with it all that much. otherwise, it's a lovely day in north carolina.

Last edited by fuscia (2008-05-03 20:32:30)

#2 2008-05-03 14:03:01

bender02

Re: kdemod installation errors [SOLVED]

It seems like you're trying to install something which needs both kdepim and kdemod-ui-kdemod. It's natural that it will conflict, since one (kdepim) is from extra repo, and the other (kdemod-...) from kdemod. Unless you write also *how* did you get this error, it's hard to help.

By the way, kdemod has its own forums, so you might get better "more educated" help over there smile

#3 2008-05-03 14:54:56

tlaloc

Installation instructions for kdemod clearly require to remove ALL existing Kde and QT packages, and it seems that you haven't followed that down to the letter. Remove kdepim and try again.

#4 2008-05-03 16:52:59

fuscia

bender02 wrote:

By the way, kdemod has its own forums, so you might get better "more educated" help over there smile

huge help. thanks.

from -
http://kdemod.ath.cx/bbs/viewtopic.php?id=707

ieee wrote:

i found that these conflicts are caused by the installation group itself (for me it was kdemod).
there are two packages inside this group: kdepim and kdemod-ui-kdemod, each of them containing
problematic files.

i resolved the problem installing with this options: pacman -S kdemod -f kdemod-ui-kdemod
forcing to overwrite conflicts by kdemod-ui-kdemod package.
i also noticed that kdepim package wasn't installed and i don't know if it's because of -f option.

i'm pretty new to arch distro, so i don't know if it's a good solution, but kde works .

Last edited by fuscia (2008-05-04 14:23:41)

Board footer