You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-06 10:53:45

leo2501

Audio problem. Videos has weird noise when started

hi! this is strange and it's happening a few days/weeks ago, but i was busy, when i start a video, say a mpg/avi file in mplayer, i hear loud noise, like the audio of the video but distorted and so loud, this gets fixed if i pause/unpause the video and i hear clearly the sound of the file, with no more noise/loudiness

seems to happen mostly in mplayer, since i open a couple of files in vlc and i don't remember it happend...

and sometimes, like one time an hour, and with none audio playing in the background (all quiet) i hear loud "crack" and noise in the speakers, it last a few seconds, but it's annoying, happends too when playing some audio/video file

(i hear it right now) lol seems to be a joke, but's real tongue

don't know it helps, but i use wmii, mc, mplayer, screen with centerim rtorrent mocp elinks, all the time... my girlfriend "session" (wich is always in another VT) uses xfce and no program open (she opens swiftfox when she uses it) and sometimes her session is no even logged in, and the problem persist

TNX!

Perfection is achieved, not when there is nothing more to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Board footer