You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-07 02:23:19

keerthi

How to limit number of active torrents in rtorrent?

My bandwidth is limited in speed. At any point in time, I would like rtorrent have only one torrent  downloading/uploading and have the rest (that are already added to watch folder) queued. Once the torrent is done, rtorrent should pick the next torrent from the queue.

I googled and searched the forum but could not find anything relevant.

Is this possible in rtorrent? If not, whats the best way to handle this.

#2 2008-05-07 08:54:18

phildg

Re: How to limit number of active torrents in rtorrent?

It's been a while since I've read the rtorrent man page, but iirc rtorrent doesn't have 'native' support for this.

However rtorrent can execute a command when a torrent has finished, so of the top of my head I would create two directorys, pending and current. Place all newly downloaded torrents in pending.

Now write a script that lists the torrents by date and use head or tail depending on the direction of the ordering to get the oldest torrent and move it to the current directory. Have rtorrent watch for torrents in the current directory. In rtorrentrc specify your new script as the command to execute upon finishing a torrent.

Use the script to do clean up to, for example move the downloaded data, or move the completed torrents from current to completed, or simply delete them.

Board footer