You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-10 21:52:41

emilIO

Arch on the Asus 900 (EEE PC)

Firstly, I'd like to ask if anyone's had any success with installing arch on the asus 900 and if the steps they took while doing it differed from those in the threads/guide regarding the 700 found on these pages.

Secondly, I've been poking around with arch trying to get everything (need before greed) working. I currently have gotten both the wired and the wireless network working, proper graphics and most of the configuration has also been done, so I'm kind of settled in now. At the moment I'm just missing the sound card, webcam and proper acpi support. I've been trying to get the 2.6.25.2 kernel running, hoping that it will solve some issues with the asus acpi support but haven't been able to boot it since I don't have an initramfs/initrd-fle that I can use.

Does anyone have any pointers?

Cheers /emilIO

I didn't do it!

Asus 900 EEE pc (linux edition) running arch linux

#2 2008-05-10 22:39:24

.:B:.
Forum Fellow
Website

Re: Arch on the Asus 900 (EEE PC)

I know Asus themselves released some ACPI code for those EEE PCs, not sure if it has been incorporated in the mainline kernel (or even in the Arch one). You might wanna check on that.

Got Leenucks? :: Arch: Power in simplicity :: Get Counted! Registered Linux User #392717 :: Blog thingy

#3 2008-05-11 11:53:20

emilIO

Re: Arch on the Asus 900 (EEE PC)

B wrote:

I know Asus themselves released some ACPI code for those EEE PCs ...

It's true that they have, but I can't even download it since the link is broken sad. I did however manage to download some of the eee packages for arch posted by people on the forums but didn't have any success since I kept getting error messages saying that stuff in /proc/acpi/asus/ couldn't be found. I figured that I needed the asus acpi module for laptops that is included in the kernel so I went about getting my hands on the 2.6.25.2 kernel. After compiling the bzImage, modules and installing the modules the kernel paniced during boot-up. I resolved this issue by compiling in the drivers for the SSD. Now it started panicing about /lib/modules/2.6.25.2-ARCH/modules.dep, saying that the file isn't there, only it IS! So I'm kind of confused now, any tips?

/emilIO

I didn't do it!

Asus 900 EEE pc (linux edition) running arch linux

Board footer