You are not logged in.

#1 2008-05-12 08:17:44

zapyourit

Help with Thunderbird

Question 2 of 3 this evening...

I had thunderbird on my old linux box before migrating to Arch. I was using Fedora 8 and I backed up all of my files and whatnot. Now, I moved things from Thunderbird-fedora into Thunderbird in arch (which I have used previously), e.g. the *.default directory housing all of my inbox mail and what not from one thunderbird install to another. However, when I have both .defaults in the .thunderbird directory, tbird boots the arch one, containing many less emails of import than that of my old thunderbird .default coming from fedora.
So my question is this: Is there any way to merge the two .default directories in thunderbird so that i can have both sets of emails in Thunderbird or am I SOL?

Thanks for the input,
Matt

#2 2008-05-12 09:52:49

Allan
Pacman
Website

Re: Help with Thunderbird

You can copy the mbox files from one profile and drop them into the mail folder on the other profile (rename the files so they don't conflict...).  There is a page on the mozilla site describing what the files all do and which ones to backup.

You should be able to select the profile you want by using "thunderbird -profilemanager" to start it.

Board footer